Chapter 6 - A Difficult Task

Thanks for reading! I don't own any of Black Butler! Please let me know if you enjoy!

——————————————————————

The morning sun streamed through the windows causing Ciel to squint when she blinked her sapphire eyes open.

She felt a hand slide possessively over her abdomen as Alois sat up to greet his bluenette butterfly. "Good morning, gorgeous. How are you feeling?"

"Not sick this morning, either. I told you, Alois. I'm fine, I don't need a teddy bear." Ciel said as she yawned and sat up.

"Oh, but I do." Alois smiled sweetly, giving Ciel's little belly a tender pat.

Alois laid his hand over the small bump and Ciel placed hers over his own.

Their eyes met in silence as questions hung in the air that neither dared ask nor answer.

Since her horrible fall, Ciel had spent quite a bit of time in bed.

Sebastian had called a doctor immediately after the accident, and the physician instructed Ciel to rest.

Ciel suffered from headaches and some contusions on her spine, but according to the doctor's exam, both mother and baby would be alright.

Hopefully.

A few weeks had passed since the fall and Ciel's morning sickness had mercifully started to subside.

She was gaining her appetite back, along with some weight.

Now she had a fully defined little bump.

It was small and subtle, at first, but the hint of a curve if she stood the right way..........

Ciel hadn't gained an exorbitant amount of weight, but it was evident that she was carrying a life.

Alois found that very exhilarating.

The blonde had officially moved himself into the Phantomhive manor and to Sebastian's chagrin, Ciel had allowed it.

However, she had not allowed Alois to move into her room.

Each night, the blonde would sneak in after she slept, making sure Ciel was the first thing he saw in the morning.

And it was so soothing to cuddle the sleeping bluenette....

That morning, Alois was just about to lean in for a kiss when suddenly, a knock came at the door....

"Good morning, young master, Earl Trancy. I've prepared bacon and scones for breakfast." Sebastian announced as he entered the room.

The butler just smiled at his rival in bed with his mate.

He knew Ciel had not asked Alois to sleep beside of her...........

But she had asked Sebastian to continue carrying out his normal duties, and that included waking and dressing her........

Alone.

"I need to get my lady ready for the day, Earl Trancy." Sebastian smiled pleasantly at Alois. "I believe your butler is prepared to do the same for you."

Claude appeared at the doorway and Alois stood to walk towards him.

Sebastian's smile masked the most utter disgust.

The blonde grinned happily at Ciel as he turned to leave, "I'll see you in a bit, my love!"

——————————————————————-