Chapter 12 - Love

Thanks for reading! I don't own any of Black Butler! Please let me know if you enjoy!

——————————————————————

After a bittersweet night filled with angst and awe, the sun rose over Phantomhive manor the following morning.

The baby cooed sweetly.

Ciel made her final decision.

Sebastian made his.

Alois remained steadfast.

And life went on.

——————————————————————

Ciel's heart had chosen.

Ciel married Alois Trancy in secret soon after the baby's birth.

The couple claimed they had been married for quite some time and introduced society to their new baby girl, whom they named Selene.

Ciel was truly happy, then, with her spouse and her daughter.

Alois was a loving husband and a doting father.

If he ever realized the child was not his, he never spoke a word of it to anyone.

Alois had told Sebastian the truth, the child's bloodline really didn't matter to him.

As long as he was with Ciel, the love of his life, that was all he needed.

Besides, Selene didn't know, right?

She was innocent.

The poor girl was just an unfortunate soul who had been thrown into a messy situation and for that, whether he was her biological father or not, Alois always took pity on the child.

He remembered a time when he had been an innocent victim of circumstance too..........

The blonde spent many happy days playing games with her, riding horses with her, taking her on trips with him and Ciel, and teaching her about the world.

Selene grew to love the blonde man she called "father".

But she was not like Alois.

Selene was a very demure, respectful, intelligent, and quiet child.

She looked like Ciel in miniature form, her face a perfect replica of her mother's, highlighted by bright sapphire eyes and gleaming bluenette hair.

Ciel was grateful that once Selene grew out of her infancy, those pesky black hairs fell away.

Still though, it was undeniable that the child looked nothing like Alois, acted nothing like Alois.

Sebastian noticed and it always made his eyes shine with pride.

Sebastian loved his daughter, even though he had keep her true parentage a secret.

Although it did turn Sebastian's stomach to see his little girl call Earl Trancy "father".

As nauseating as it was to watch Alois have Ciel by his side and in his bed, Sebastian knew he had made the right decision by sparing Ciel's life and choosing to stay as Phantomhive butler.

Because he got to spend time with his daughter and his master everyday.

Sebastian still performed all of the same duties as butler that he had carried out previously.

Enough Selene knew him as "Mr. Sebastian", the butler had the pleasure and the privilege of acting as a sort of nanny for her, caring for her in her infancy, teaching her how to walk, instructing her on all of her lessons as her private tutor when she was old enough.........