kiss under the rain

The rain was pouring harder now, with the occasional thunderclap. The thick clouds had turned the usually bright noon hour to a dark and gloomy day, and that was tampering with El's mood. 

"Let's do something," Mike said, his head thrown over the edge of the couch. 

"No," El said, doing the same thing on the opposite side. Mike sat up slowly, careful not to wake El. He shifted his weight until he was hovering over her and he went in for the tickle. 

"Mike! Mike!" El yelled in between giggles. She curled up in defeat as Mike tickled her. 

"Stop!" She laughed, kicking her legs. She kicked against the couch and sent the two flying onto the ground. In a heap, the kids laughed. 

"Mike, what the heck!" She asked, leaning on him.

"What can I say, you're so cute when I tickle you!" Mike said, shrugging his shoulders. EL blushed and her mouth fell open. 

"Oh, I could take you down," She said getting on her knees. Mike stayed where he was. El cracked her knuckles and dove on top of him. She landed on his stomach and Mike let out a grunt. 

"Told ya," El said standing up and pumping her fists. Mike stood up and shook his head. 

"Oh, It's on," He said, picking her up at her waist and swinging her over his shoulders. He had been starting to lift weights and it was paying off. El squealed and kicked her feet. Mike set her down and sat across from her. El smirked and Mike couldn't help it anymore.

Mike leaned over until he was inches from her face. El leaned in but stopped.

"You want some?" Mike teased. El leaned back. 

"No," She said, giving her best stink face and looking away. Mike sat there and smiled. El looked over at him. 

"You sure?" Mike asked, crossing his arms and sticking his legs out across the couch. El rolled her eyes and crawled over him until her face was close to his. 

"No," El said, leaning in for the kiss. They closed their eyes and melted into each other, Mike put his hands on her face. They pulled away and looked into each other's eyes. They went in again, El running her fingers through Mikes curls. They went in again and again and again until Mike finally pulled away. El looked concerned. Mike reached his hands down from her face and tickled El until she was off of him. 

"Is the rain stopping?" He asked, looking at the window. El fixed her hair. 

"Doesn't seem like it," El said. 

"Let's go out there," Mike said. 

"Why?" El asked, clearly against the idea of getting wet.

"It's fun!" Mike said, pointing out the window. 

"Can I have a jacket?" El asked, standing off the couch.

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. Come on, let's go," He said, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the door. 

El broke from his grip and stood under the covered area, while Mike walked out into the yard.

"Let's go!" He yelled over the rain pour. El stepped further outside. Mike groaned and walked to El, picking her up and carrying her out into the warm summer rain. He kissed her forehead and set her down. 

"Dance!" Mike said, twirling around in the rain. El twirled and Mike whistled. El laughed and did it again. The rain was making Mikes hair less poofy, whereas El's hair curled up and stuck to her face. She twirled around, her hair sending water droplets everywhere. Mike watching his girlfriend be free and his heart filled up to the brim. 

"Mike, this is actually fun!" El yelled. She opened her mouth and closed her eyes, trying to catch water droplets in her mouth. Mike did the same, occasionally sneaking a peek over at her. He had never seen her so carefree. 

Mike grabbed El around the waist and held her tight, watching the water trickle down her face and around her sparkling brown eyes. El watched the water drip from Mikes hair across his freckled skin as he held her close. 

"I love the rain," El said, looking up at the sky then back at Mike. 

"You know what I love?" Mike said, raising one eyebrow. El laughed. 

"Don't say it-" El said. SHe knew exactly what he was gonna say. 

"You," Mike said, rubbing his nose on hers. She threw her head back and laughed. 

"I love you too," El said, biting her lip as she tried to hide her smile. Mike leaned in and kissed her. A clap of thunder sounded, breaking their kiss. Once El realized it was nothing to be afraid of she leaned back in to continue the kiss, her wet hands meeting Mikes wet cheeks. Mikes hands moved to her waist as they shared a kiss under the rain. 

El pulled away and rested her head against his chest. Mike rested his chin on her head as the two swayed, staring at the rain. 

"Let's go inside, my princess," Mike laughed, bowing and gesturing inside. 

"Don't be so cheesy," El said, playfully punching him as they slipped inside the room. 

Mike grabbed a towel and threw it at El. He took another one and began drying his hair.

"Oh come on, we just kissed under the rain. It can't get any cheesier than that."