Chapter 1

I sighed and got up as my alarm went off. I know it's the off season but I still have to do something. I changed into athletic clothes after taking a shower and headed to the beach. Why not have some fun while working out. I walked jogging down the almost empty beach because of the time when I saw a familiar person. I jogged up to them. "Wall, Long Time no See." He nodded at me and jogged ahead of me. I laughed and caught up to him. "What brings you to Portland this time of the year?" He shrugged and kept jogging. "So your just gonna give me the cold shoulder huh?" He stopped out of breath.

"Look I've been out here longer than you, and I've still gotta run all the way back to my car which is that way so I'm not in the talking mood. He said and he took a long drink out of his water bottle.

"Well your going the wrong way to get to your car."

"Yeah, it's called a work out. Not a sleep in." He said and he started to jog back the way he came from.

"I though you were running?" He nodded and took off. I laughed and caught up, well tried to catch up to him. It's not easy when he's the fastest guy in the NBA. He slowed down after a while. He started to jog backwards.

"Couldn't keep up."

"Naw, your to fast."

"You ain't slow."

"I know, duh!" I said rolling my eyes. I jogged beside him for a really long time. He stopped and leaned against a car.

"It's mine don't worry." He said opening the car door and sitting in the seat. I laughed.

"I wasn't worried." I looked the way we had came. "Now I have to go all the way back."

"Welcome to my world." I laughed.

"How long you been out here?"

"Three." He said.

"What?! It's five thirty."

"I know. I like early morning runs."

"Yeah I like midnight runs also." I said and he laughed.

"No. I just slept on the plane." He stopped to catch his breath. "And that was a long flight. Then I slept till three and." He stopped took a few breaths in. "I just decided to start early."

"Yeah I guess." I said and he laughed. "Hey I guess I gotta run back."

"I'll run with you." He said and I looked at him knowing he was joking. "That took us thirty minutes to jog and we ran half the time. Your or gonna run back with me." He shrugged.

"I've ran it four times." I laughed.

"Shut up, stop exaggerating. Now if your actually gonna run with me let's go."
.......
"How...is....it....possible..." I stopped and sat in the sand. "I....weigh...less..." i quit talking.

"I'm an exercise junky. I knew you weren't gonna be able to run with me the whole time."

"But...you've...now ran...this...stupid beach...eight times..." I laid down and he laughed. "And your laughing." I said still breathing deep.

"Come on Dame. The workouts not over yet. It just started." I groaned as he pulled be up. "Let's run back to my car and we can stop for a second." I nodded. "Well Jog." He said nodding at me.

"I'll beat you." I said smirking.

"Cocky." He muttered and he took off. He beat me, barley though. "Whew that was fun." He said.

"Fun!" I exclaimed and I leaned against his car.

"Come on get in. There's a gym close by." He said and I nodded. One thing I was good at was hitting the gym. I ended up telling him how to get to the stadium from the beach.

"Hello, hello?" I yelled walking in. "No ones here." I said and he laughed.

"I figured." He said and I walked into the gym. I threw my shirt off and walked over and grabbed a water. We worked out for a while. I was talking and talking. He just nodded and looked at me.

"I know I'm weird. I'm sorry if I talk to much or something." I said and he laughed.

"Naw I'm just quiet."

"Your Never quiet." I said and he shrugged.

"I don't know, I've just got a lot on my mind I guess."

"Ok." I said. "Hey I was gonna finish real quick and head out to lunch, you wanna come?"

"Yeah sure."