Chapter 14

Where do I go? I can't go to his house. Do I go to a hotel room? To a friends house? Who do I talk to? I don't really know what happened or what was going through my mind but I pulled into CJ's house after driving for about twenty minutes. I got out and slowly walked up to his door heartbroken. I rang the doorbell and he answered. "Oh hey... John?" He asked confused.

"Yeah." I said softly. "Can I come in?"

"Of course." He said and he opened the door. After the incident with him and Damian a while ago we actually became pretty good friends. "What's going on?" He asked as we sat down on his sofa.

"You've known Damian for a long time." I said and he nodded. "What do you know about Brooklyn?" I asked him and his face fell.

"That he loves her." He said and I nodded.

"I know that CJ." I whispered and a tear fell down my face.

"Well o also know that he used to tell me he would date people and such but as soon as he met her again he would leave anyone behind for her. He claims she was his only true love." He said and I stared at the floor.

"Did he ever talk about her in the past few months?" I asked him and he didn't say anything. "It won't hurt me, it's obvious he did if you say nothing."

"Yeah he did." He nodded. "We actually stayed late one day after practice so he could talk to me about it. He asked me if he ever met her again would he stay with you or go to her."

"What'd you tell him?" I asked him.

"Something I wish I never would have." He whispered. "I'm sorry John." He said softly.

"What's you say?"

"That if you didn't love her you wouldn't be asking me that question right now." He said. "But I never knew he would meet her again. I I I thought..."

"Did he tell you that he'd leave me for her?"

"Yeah he said it a few times but I thought he was joking. I told him to do what his heart tells him to do. He told me his heart told him to go with Brooklyn but his mind told him to go with you."

"I I I... what did I do wrong CJ?"

"Nothing John, you did nothing wrong." He said softly.

"But but I was enough for him a month ago. Why am I not now?"

"Cause I'm life John there's always someone that someone loves the most." He said softly not finishing his sentence.

"He made it seem like he loved me the most. I found her bracelet one day and he told me to not worry because he would never leave me for her. He told me that he loved me and only me. He lied."

"I don't think he lied at the time John." He said. "But I don't know, he might have just told you that to make you believe he loved you." He said and I noticed the tears falling down my face. "Let me tell you a story about Damian." He said and I nodded. "I came I to the league and he took me under his wing. We grew closer and closer together until he finally told me he liked me and we started dating. We got closer and closer together until he asked me to marry him and I agreed. He always told me he loved me John, every day. Until one day he just decided he didn't. He ruined me John. He tore me apart, it's just his personality. He can't make up his mind. One minute he wants to marry you the next he wants to marry Brooklyn."

"But you two are still friends?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

"But your only friends after a break up if you never truly loved them or someone loves the other one." I said and he shrugged and stared at his hands. "You still love Damian?"

"Some things just never change John." He whispered. "I'm not gonna lie it killed me to watch him be happy with you, it's literally killed me. It kills me that he's happy with Brooklyn right now but I support him. When ever he's happy it makes me happy John."

"Yeah." I said softly. Just then CJ's front door opened and I heard the laugh I never wanted to hear again. CJ stood up to keep him away from me.

"What are you doing..." he stopped and I glanced back. Damian had his arms around Brooklyn and they were laughing. "Is this Brooklyn?" CJ asked and his voice was laced with pain.

"Yeah." Damian said.

"She's beautiful." He said softly. "I'm CJ, Dames friend. Uh Damian why are y'all here?" He asked. Obviously Damian hadn't noticed me yet.

"I just wanted to introduce you to my girl."

"Your Girl." CJ and I whispered at the same time.

"Yeah..."

"I'm really busy right now Dame can you come by later?"

"What are you busy with?" He asked.

"People who you treat like a water bottle."

"What?" He asked confused.

"You use them until their empty and they have nothing left to give you, then you just throw them out instead of filling them back up."

"What?" Brooklyn asked.

"I have no clue what he's talking about B." He said.

"Yes you do!" I snapped turning to look at Damian. "Both of you know what he's talking about. You were there when he said he was married to me!" I said and tears started to fill my eyes. Just today I was enough for him.

"Hey don't bring my girl into this..."

"She's Not your girl Damian!" I snapped. "I'm your man." I said softly and we locked eyes. He looked away but he looked back at me. A tear fell down my face. "And I hope you know you hurt me in ways I didn't know I could be hurt. I hope you know this is gonna kill me." I said softly. "I was enough for you just earlier today Damian. I don't know what I did wrong, but I hope what ever I wasn't she is."

"John." CJ and Damian said at the same time.

"I I I... I have to go." I said standing up. "I'll call you later." I said to CJ and he nodded slowly. I looked at Damian one last time. He looked hurt. He looked broken. He promised me he'd always love me. He always worried that I thought he didn't love me or I thought he would stop loving me. Where did that go? Where did that love for me go? I looked away and I walked out. I just want one more kiss. One more goodbye kiss. I didn't know that kiss would be our last or else I wouldn't have let it end so soon. I got in my car and let out an inhumane sob. "Damian!" I cried. "Why did you leave me?!"

Wow! Who knew I would ever update this book again. I've decided that this year instead of making new books I'm going to finish all the books and series I haven't finished. Then after their all finished I'll make new stories. It's gonna be a little crazy cause I'm not going to finish one book at a time I'm just going to update each story randomly. So I might update one book like five times then not update for two months, but I'm gonna get them all done!