Chapter 9

Via's POV

         It was my first date ever. I was really nervous, and to make things worse, Sebastian was looking REALLY good. He wore a tight white shirt, jeans, and a black leather jacket. His hair was a little messy, but it only made him look better. He saw me and waved as I approached the table. I just gave him a nervous smile.

 "Hey, beautiful." 

           I blushed. Boy, this guy makes me blush way too often.

"You look cute when you're blushing." 

"Th-thanks."

 "I mean it.", he said as we sat down and the waitress handed us our menus.

              Our food finally arrived. As we ate, we talked about everything. From our careers to our favorite colour and from our families to our apartments. We pretty much covered every topic. I even told him how my roommate Alexandra had taught me Romanian during Med school. We finished eating and asked for dessert. We ended up deciding on sharing some brownie with ice cream. While we were eating, his hand accidentally (or not) touched mine. Those thousands of Volts I had felt before came rushing like a flood. Sebastian looked up at me. Those blue eyes were so distracting and somehow provocative. I quickly cast my eyes down. 

"I've had enough dessert. You go ahead and finish it." 

"Okay..."

               After he finished, he called the waitress and asked for the check. As if sensing what I was going to do, he said:

 "No way! My treat." 

"But you already paid for my lunch the other day..." 

"You saved my life. This is the very least I can do."

 "Thank you." 

"My pleasure, Via."

               As we headed outside, he asked if it was ok with me if we shared an Uber. He would drop me off at Cami's and then head to his place. He said he would feel better knowing that he personally took me home. He didn't want me running any risks. Heart of gold. I ended up agreeing. There was no saying no to those puppy blue eyes. Once inside the car, silence filled the air. Neither of us uttered a sound. 

"I-", we both said at the same time. 

"You go first.", I said. "Please." 

"Via, I had a wonderful time tonight. You have no idea how nervous I was and-"

 "You were nervous about tonight?!?"

 "Why the surprise?"

 "You just seem like someone who oozes confidence."

 "I normally do, but this time I was dealing with the woman that saved my life. The bar was set very high.  I was scared of what she would think of me..."

 "She would think that you were adorable."

           As I said that, Sebastian looked up and placed a hand on my cheek, slowly caressing it with his thumb. He leaned in and began to close the gap between us, but he was stopped by the car halting.

 "We're here, sir.", the driver said. 

          I sighed.

 "Goodnight, Sebastian." 

           I kissed him on the cheek and ran out the car before anything else could happen. Once I locked the door, I headed straight to my bed, removing only my shoes. What a night! I had felt so many new emotions during those few hours, specially on our ride home. The way he touched my cheek and leaned in. Was he really trying to kiss me? I pushed the tought away and closed my eyes for I had a long weekend ahead of me.

Sebastian's POV

       Here I am lying in bed and allI can think about is Via and her smile. I don't know how, but her eyes shined when she smiled. And then that kiss that almost happened... I stretched my arm and grabbed my phone. I really had a wonderful time, Via :) I know you're leaving for Baltimore on Saturday, but I would like to see you again sometime. I want you to know that what you did for me was incredible and that you can always count on me. Typing. I had a great time too :) Don't hesitate on calling me when you need to, that's what friends are for. As I turned around in bed, I realized I was falling for this woman.