Chapter 20

Via's POV - About one year later- NYC

         It had been just over two weeks of our first anniversary. We had gone out to a fancy Asian cuisine restaurant to celebrate. It was great. We had a perfect anniversary, and even better ending that night, with a very nice encore in the morning. I was in the ER, remembering our anniversary, when suddenly I felt the urge to throw up. I tried to make it to the bathroom, but instead I ended up throwing up in the middle of the hallway. What's wrong with me? I washed my face and headed to the place doctors chill out to rest a little. About 10 minutes later my friend Liz came in. 

"Hey, Stan. I heard you threw up in the hallway. You all right?"

 "Yes. I don't know why I threw up, but I'm feeling a little better now. What are you up to?" 

"I was delivering a baby. Speaking of babies, how far along are you?"

 "What?!? You think I'm pregnant?"

 "Oh, come on. It's pretty obvious. I mean, you've been more tired than usual these past few days and you just threw up for no apparent reason. And you're married. Plus, I'm an OBGYN, so give me some credit." 

"I am not pregnant." 

               Liz rolled her eyes. 

"There are many different reasons why I could have thrown up. And my period is due in two days." 

"Come on... humor me. Take the test." 

"Fine..."

             Once my shift was over, I headed to the closest pharmacy and decided to buy a pregnancy test. I took it there cause, depending on the result, I could buy something to ease the nausea. Why does this take so long? After a few minutes, I look at the stick and there it was. Positive. OMG, I am pregnant! I screamed and ran back to the counter and instinctively hugged the pharmacist. I asked her if there were any baby products and she pointed me to the aisle. I found a cute little pacifier and bought it. I planned on telling Seb as soon as he arrived home. I wouldn't be able to keep such a secret from him.

           Once back home, I put the pacifier in the middle of our bed and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner, waiting for Seb to come home. About 30 minutes later he arrives. He kissed me and headed to our bedroom to put his stuff away.

 "Via, why is there a paci-", he shouted, stopping mid-sentence. 

                Pause. He came to the kitchen.  

"What does this mean? Are- are you pregnant? Are we having a baby?" 

                I nodded.

 "Seriously?!? OMG! I can't believe it. We're gonna have a baby! Our baby. I'm gonna be a father!", he exclaimed whilst hugging me. 

"Yes you are! And you'll be an amazing one."

 "This is wonderful news!"

 "It sure is. Are you ready for your life to be completely changed?"

 "Yes and no, but I'm glad it's gonna change this way and that I have you by my side."

 "Me too.", I said kissing him.

 "Hey, when do you think it happened?" 

"You know when...", I said giving him a naughty smile.

 "Oh, I see...", he smirked, "Quite a night we had on our anniversary... Are you feeling ok, though?"

"Yes. I threw up this morning and I'm feeling a little more tired than usual, but I'm fine."