Chapter 12

Via's POV - One month later

            It had been already one month since the "Baltimore incident". Since then, Seb and I became very close friends. We would talk every single day. I think it's safe to say that I was talking more to him than to Cami and Diego. During this month that had passed, I had gone to New York once and all of us, including Hayley and Joe (Cami's boyfriend) had gone out to eat. We had a really great time.

      It was also the day of my trip to LA. It was a business trip (I was invited to participate in a surgery) at Cedars-Sinai, but I would still be able to see my parents ... and I would be catching the same flight as Seb.

        We met at the airport and did everything from check-in to go to the gate together. We even managed to swap seats with other passengers to sit together. Of course, at some point I ended up falling asleep and landing my head on his shoulder. He gently woke me up when we were arriving. We arrived in LA around lunch time and decided to go our separate ways and meet for dinner. I had opted for a hotel at a walking distance from the hospital. After checking in, I decided to take a nap because I was feeling a little jet-lagged.

           After I woke up, I took a quick shower and started getting ready for tonight. I couldn't wait! I hadn't seen my parents in forever. I opted for some white pants with a turquoise shirt. I went to the lobby once I was ready and called an Uber. I froze once I arrived at the restaurant we had chosen. My parents AND Sebastian were already there and chatting like they knew each other for ages. I quickly stepped out of the car. Sebastian saw me and came my way to say hi. He smiled at me as he wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. He let go and we walked to my parents. I could feel my face burning and could see my father smirking. I just rolled my eyes at him.

            After eating, which seem to take forever because my parents kept casting their eyes between me and Sebastian the whole meal, we all went outside. Suddenly, Sebastian pulled me to the side. 

"I need to ask you something, Via."

 "Sure, what do you need? Are you sick?" 

"No, it's something else." 

"What?"

 "There's gonna be a party in a month to celebrate the wrapping up of my new movie and I would like to know if you would be my date for the night."

 "What?!?"

 "My date..." 

"I heard you the first time... but why me? I'm just your friend. Don't you know any other girl?" 

"Not like you I don't." 

"I-I-I-" 

"Look, I don't want you to feel pressured or anything. It really is a genuine request. Don't worry, it's something quite casual." 

             Did Seb just ask me to be his plus one for a party?!? The whole world will be there... they'll think I'm his girlfriend. I sighed.

 "Seb, can I think about it, please?"

 "Yes..."

 "Thanks." 

               We said our goodbyes and I went back to my hotel. Once in bed, all I could think about was Seb's request. I decided to give it a chance. I grabbed my phone and typed. Yes, it would be a pleasure to go to the party with you  :)