Chapter 13

Via's POV - One month later

          I'm looking at myself in the mirror in Cami's room. I have never felt so nervous in my entire life. My heart is beating really fast. Too fast. I take a deep breath, looking at myself one more time. I was going on a date with Seb, not just any date, I was going to a wrapping up party. AND I WAS HIS DATE! When he asked me, I had almost had a heart attack. Out of all the women he knew, he chose me. Me. Why? 

"You look great, don't worry.", Cami told me. 

"Are you sure?"

 "He only has eyes for you. Mom told me how he kept looking at you throughout the whole dinner that time you guys met in LA.", she said.

          I'm wearing tight jeans and a white V-neck shirt. I pair them with some aquamarine earrings. I head for the living room and sit on the couch to put my shoes on, black ankle boots. As I'm putting my shoes on, the phone rings. 

"He's here!", Cami exclaimed. 

             Five minutes later the doorbell rings. She opens the door.

 "Hello, you must be Sebastian! Come on in, Via will be ready in a second."

             I take one last look in the mirror. I barely make it back to the living room cause my legs feel like jell-o. 

"Hi Seb..."

Sebastian's POV

        The minute she steps into the living room I'm paralyzed. Even though she's just wearing jeans and a white shirt, she manages to make it look sexy. 

"Everything alright?", she asks.

         I walk over to her and give her a hug, breathing in her smell. She smells like spring... fresh.

 "Yes...", I manage to answer.

"Stop stalling you two... now go! Have a great time.", Cami said. 

"You too, señorita.", I reply. 

Via's POV

      Cami pulls me to a corner before we leave. 

"See, Via, he's totally into you. Sorry, he's in love with you. And you're in love with him. It's crystal clear." 

"I am not!" 

"Yes you are!"

 "I-I-" 

             She rolls her eyes at me. I sigh. She blows me a kiss as we head outside to the elevator. 

"Hey, Seb... thanks for inviting me to this party.", I say as give him a kiss on the cheek. His skin feels so warm.

 "You're welcome." 

          We get downstairs and get inside his car. I feel butterflies in my stomach. Sebastian is so sweet. Maybe he does like me after all. As soon as we reach a red light, he reaches a hand to stroke my cheek. I instinctively lean in. My heart is pounding as the distance between us gets smaller and smaller. Just when he is about to kiss me, the light goes green. Damn, not again! I look at Sebastian and he seems disappointed too. We both start blushing and don't utter a word until we get to the party.

 "We have arrived.", he says.

             It hit me then. I had forgotten all about the other people who would be attending the party, having been distracted by Seb during the ride. 

"Seb, I'm nervous... what if I do everything wrong? What will your friends think about me?" 

         He pulls me towards him in a hug. 

"Hey, you can do this, doll. You cut my throat open in the middle of Starbucks, so this is a piece of cake compared to that. Don't worry, I'll be by your side the whole time." 

            His smile immediately reassures me.

 "Okay..." 

            We finally get out of the car.