Revelations and Wagers

It was the next day after Snake's Initiation. He had stayed the majority of the night with Kazuhira Miller. The only friend he could remember having. Speaking of remembering, Snake did a lot of that, much of that came from dreams after his talk with said friend. Memories of things they had talked about. It not only disoriented him but utterly confused him to no end.

But what Kaz did say helped a small amount. But to him, it still didn't make any sense. Kaz said that 9 years ago, He, along with him and several others formed a small group of surviving homeless kids out of children that were strong, fast, smart and had the will to survive after Grimm attacked their villages and destroyed their homes. They were originally called 'Outer Heaven' and Snake was of course the boss. While trying to survive they came across the White Fang that seemed itchy at first with human children around but eased into helping them after the Faunas in their group spoke to them and practically begged to help them.

All of their help came through Snake much to their dismay, but as long as they were helping the Faunas kids as well then they did so without violence. And they were shocked to see Snake treating the Faunas members of their group like they were truly family. Kaz even remembered a time where a Lieutenant had given Snake his own personal thanks for that, where Snake had replied that it was his job to make sure everyone was at their best for the group.

Then with the sudden change of leadership the group started to act weary as new White Fang members were replacing the old that helped them. These new grunts more violent and greedy when it came to Outer Heaven. One day, there was a day where a man in a black suit and a Fedora with a small leather mask covering his face showed up. He demanded that the Faunas in Outer Heaven join the White Fang or be taken by force. Of course they decided to stay with Snake and the other leaders. When they had made their choice... It was practically a dead zone. The White Fang were taking casualties left and right, but so was Outer Heaven.

Snake watched as one after the other of his brothers and sisters, died as they fought along side one another. These memories were clear as day, but a strange second pair of memories, the ones he'd been having more of recently, of similar events, where everyone was much older than they were. Where there were no Faunas and the White Fang was replaced with... That was the part he couldn't put together. Who did the White Fang represent in these other memories?

Eventually Kaz had told him that they had taken the survivors of the attack and had them meet in one of their safe houses along the Vacuo shoreline towards Vale. They needed to split with Kaz and the other leaders taking land and Snake taking the wounded through the air via, Vacuo air transportation. Public transport wasn't the wisest but it was supposed to be the safest. Known to the world as the 'Flight 32 Crashing' the Airship that Snake and a handful of the wounded kids were on had crashed out of the sky and exploded in a huge fireball. That had been the part that Kaz was having trouble keeping his cool.

He thought one of his Best friends had died trying to protect the rest of his friends. 9 years he thought that but there he was, next to him with a shiny piece of steel sticking out of his skull as proof he lived. He had joked saying 'must've been just another day in paradise, right Boss?'

Of course Snake humored him but he still was troubled with the flashing of what seemed like two lives with similar events. It was something that he just couldn't comprehend. After the explanation, He talked to Kaz about his big plan. To create a new Mother Base where they could create the Diamond Dogs. The new Outer heaven Made by a sheer will power of Strength, Brains, Survival... And Vengeance. Vengeance on those who would prey on the weak and innocent. But with no Just cause to tie them back. No greater good to keep themselves in check. A true mercenary group of kids, making an honest living the only way they have left to make it. Possibly being the only way they could learn how too.