Luke ☀️

After the holiday party finished and we sent our children to sleep, I entered the bedroom and quietly spoke to Courtney.

"The kids are asleep, it's time we discuss. How will we tell Jezzy the truth without causing any harm?" I pleaded, sitting down on the bed and waiting for a response. Courtney stepped out of our bedroom, letting her hair loose and sighed. "Luke, let's not talk about this now. I really don't want to-"

I cut her off and stood up quickly but quietly, "Courtney, this isn't something we can hide and expect it to disappear, we have to talk about this-" "I never said I wanted to pretend this never happened!" She whispered yelled as she sped walked towards me, angrily.

I lifted up my hands and began talking a bit louder. "Well, by the way you're avoiding the conversation sounds to me like you are." Courtney touches her forehead and spoke harshly, "I'm not going to argue with you Luke, please, let's just talk about this later."

I couldn't let that happen, though. We needed to give her answers now. "Courtney, we have to talk about it now, while we have time-"

"Luke please!" Courtney quietly spoke, throwing her hands down. "I don't want to do this now, not here, not now," she came closer to me, talking in a normal voice. I became so desperate to convince her it was time to talk about it. "Courtney we need to, we don't have a choice!" My voice grew louder as I began throwing my hands.

"It's not the right time to tell her-" Courtney was so close to yelling at this point but I interrupted her.

"It will never be the right time to tell our daughter she was abandoned under a Christmas tree! But we have to do it at some point!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. I sat down on the bed and buried my face into my hands.

A small gasp broke the silence. At first I thought it was Courtney, until I saw her in shock, staring at the doorway in fear. I quickly turned to the door and stood up. There stood Jezelle, quiet, with tears falling down her rosy cheeks. "Is that true?" She spoke faintly, barely even a whisper. I barely nodded, I couldn't speak.

I didn't know what to tell her, I was paralyzed. Now what do I do?

Hello readers! How are y'all? I actually updated!!

Hope y'all liked it and more coming later!

God bless y'all :)

- j