Chapter 3 Marinette Speaks to a Man Who Calls himself Fu!

Four days later,  Marinette  goes for another walk in the park. She sees an old man in a Hawaiian shirt, and denim shorts. She walks over to him.  She sits down on the bench next to him.  She figures why not?  Perhaps, he could use the company.

     The man looks up to see Marinette next to him.  He smiles at her.

    "Well, hello, young lady!"  Mr. Fu says.

    "Hey!  I'm Marinette!" Marinette says.

   "Nice to meet you, Marinette!  I am Mr. Fu."  Mr. Fu says.

   "So, Marinette what seems to trouble you?" Mr. Fu ask.

   "I found this the other day, but I am not sure how to get it back to the person who owns it." Marinette says.

    "I recommend you hold onto it, so it does not fall into the wrong hands. " Mr. Fu says.

 "Okay, but how does this help?"  Marinette ask.

  "It helps insure the item makes it back to him all in good time." Mr.  Fu says.

   "Fine, I will make sure no one else sees it then."  Marinette says.

    "Good, sounds like you will make a great friend for him already!" Mr. Fu says.

     "Oh, but   I can not call us friends.  I mean he never got to really know me as he only went to the same school as me for one year. Then, his father would not let him return.  He was only in one of my classes anyway, so we rarely saw each other."  Marinette says.

     "Well, that is a shame." Mr. Fu says.

   "What makes you say so?"  Marinette ask.

   "Oh, nevermind!  Well, it was nice to talk to you, Miss Marinette!" Mr. Fu says.

   "Oh, yes!  Same here, Mr. Fu."  Marinette says.

    "I must be going."  Mr. Fu leaves.  

     After he has gone, Marinette sees an feather and a pen where the old man once sat.  Marinette picks them up and thinks, great!  Here we go again!  She goes on home.

       Marinette's  POV:  What could the old man mean by all in good time I will get to return the journal back to this Adrien Agreste, this model fellow?   Why did Mr. Fu leave his pen and a feather behind him.  The old man, sure is a strange, old person indeed.  He is kind, but still very usual indeed.  Just the same, I will keep the items at my place.  I  rather not risk, any of them being found by someone else.  There is no guarantee anyone else would not give them away to the wrong person, try to sell them, or  just  dispose of them.  This way these objects are at least safe and sound.  

  Mr. Fu's  POV:  Why if I did not know any better, this Marinette girl will become friends with Adrien at some point!  I am not sure, how or when!  I just believe she will.  I also, believe she will see to it herself that Adrien gets the notebook back.  She will even probably go out of the way to see to it that I get back the feather and pen.  I left those behind as a simple test of her integrity  which I have no doubt she will pass.

to be continued in Chapter 4  A  Chance Meeting?