Chapter 4 A Chance Meeting!

Today, is Saturday, when  Marinette goes back to the park once more.  She sits down near the fountain.  It seems to be the least traffic filled area.  She draws for a bit in her sketch pad.  She does not notice when a red head boy arrives to the park.  

     The red head  boy sees her and smiles. He walks over to her. 

 "Hey, Marinette!" Nathaniel says.

   "Hey,Nathaniel!"  Marinette says.

    "What are you doing?"  Nathaniel ask.

   "Just doing some sketches that is all."  Marinette says.

    "Wow, can I see?"  Nathaniel says.

    "No, I rather just work alone, thanks."  Marinette says.

    Nathaniel grabs the sketchbook and holds it high in the air.  He runs off with it.

    "Hey, give it back!"  Marinette calls out.

     "Hey, you!  She said give it back!"  A  blonde haired, green eyed boy calls out.

     " Just mind your own business, will you!"  Nathaniel says.

    " It is nice to pick on a girl!"  Adrien says.  He grabs the sketchbook from Nathaniel and hands it back to Marinette.

     "Th-thanks!"  Marinete says.

    "Your welcome, Miss!"  Adrien says.

     "Wait, you are Marinette!"  Adrien says.

     "Yes, that is me, but who are you?"  Marinette says.

     "I am Adrien,  Adrien Agreste!"  Adrien says.

    "Ugh, I will leave you two lovebirds alone!" Nathaniel says with disgust in his voice. He walks off.

      After  Nathaniel left, Marinette remembers she has something that belongs to Adrien. 

        "Here, Adrien!  I believe this is yours!"  Marinette says. 

     "Wow, so you are the one who found it!  What a relief!"  Adrien says.

       "Glad, I could get it back to you."  Marinette says.

       "You did not read it, did you?"  Adrien ask.

      "Well, only the first page to see who it belongs to which is how I knew it was yours."  Marinette says.

       "Thanks, Marinette!"  Adrien says.

     "Sure, it was no biggie!"  Marinette says.

     " It is just I have some stories in there, and my father does not know about them."  Adrien says.

    "Why not?"  Marinette ask.

     "Well, you know how he is,  he wants me to focus on the whole modeling job!  He did take me out of public school for this already, so the last thing I need is for him to know about my dreams to be an author."  Adrien says.

      "Oh, well that is too bad.  I am sure you would be an excellent author."  Marinette says.

     "Yes, well, I only wish my father could be as supportive as you."  Adrien says.

        "So, I guess I will see you around Mari!"  Adrien says.

        "Yes, sure  Adrien!  See you!"  Marinette says.

          Adrien smiles when she leaves.  He thinks, she is amazing as I remember.  He sighs.  He goes back to his house.  He tucks the notebook under his jacket.  He does not want to risk the chance that his father or Natalie sees it.  He goes to his room, and hides his journal  in the secret trap door he found under his bed.   He closes the trap door, and locks it with the key.  The key he hides under his mattress.   

      Adrien's  POV:  Wow, Marinette is really something!  At least, she is honest, amazing and cute as I remember!  Wait!   Cute?   Since when have I  liked her?    Yeah, that is right, I have had a crush on her since I first saw her in the school gymn a year ago.  She was in shorts and a t-shirt. She was on the volleyball team, and she fell over Chole's untied shoe laces.  Why, if I did not know any better, Chloe had them untied on purpose to trip her!   I admit when I saw Marinette fall down, it was then I knew she was the one for me.  She got up, did not say a word to Chloe, but instead went back to what she was doing before!  She was good at me!  I really good!  Oh, well!  Why do I even bother to reflect back on this anyway?   

    Marinette's  POV:  I wonder, why Adrien was  a quick to help me out , when Nathaniel took my sketchbook away?    It is not like he owns me anything.  Besides, he did not even know  I found his journal until I gave it back to him.  This was long after the artist boy went back home.  Not only this, but Adrien seems to be happy that I was able to encourage him when it comes to his dream job!  It is not anything different than I would have done for any of my other friends.  So, really, I do not see what the big deal is anyway!

     to be continued in Chapter 5   The  End, or is it?