Chapter 8 Autographs: Mr Author?

Two months later, Adrien's book has been available for the public to read for awhile now.  He can still  hardly believe it that his first story ever, The Man and His Love  is actually available in print, hard back, auto book form, and as an e-book (electronic book) too.   He thinks the whole things is just amazing as ever!  

          Today his publisher calls him up and ask him to come out to the local book store for a book signing.  As in, he is to be ready with a pen or two, to give out autographs to those who want them.  He will of course, have a bodyguard to insure none of his book readers gets to out of hand.  He finds out what time the book signing is to start and he nearly jumps out of his skin!  Why that is only in thirty minutes!    He gets off the phone, shaves, brushes his teeth, combs his hair, and makes sure to straighten the tie  he has on to match his nice outfit.  He figures he might as well look nice for his fans, or readers.

        Adrien arrives in plenty of time.  He sits down in the chair behind the table the book store provides for this sort of thing.  He smiles as the people take turns to get his autograph.  He has to admit this whole even has him nervous since he has not signed autographs ever since he gave up his modeling job years ago.

        "Hey, there, Mr. Author!"  Marinette says when she gets her turn to see him.

       "Hey, Mari!"  Adrien blushes.  He thinks, great she is only here for the same reason as everyone else.

        "Look, my friend here wants your autograph!"  Marinette says.

         Marinette shows him the shy, girl Manon who only comes across as shy when it comes to crowds.  The girl is her baby-sitting charge who she brought with her to a book signing because Manon recognizes his photo on a copy of some romance novel her mother owns and reads.  

        "Hey, will you sign my copy?"  Manon says.

      "Sure, "  Adrien says.  He takes the cap off the pen and adds his signature to the inside page to the book.  

      "Here, all done!"  Adrien says as he hands it back to the girl.

    "Thanks , so  much! " Marinette says.

    "It was a pleasure ,  Mari!"  Adrien says.

       A  few hours later, the last of the book readers gets to the front of the line.  Adrien sighs the book and hands it back to her. He smiles and waves by the deaf teen.   The deaf girl, waves back and winks a bit at him too.

        Marinette comes back to where Adrien is once she finishes with shopping in the store with Manon.  She bought her charge for the day, a few  Box Car Children books  by Gertrude Chandler  Warner , along with the series, The Saddle Club  by  Bonnie Bryant, since Manon is into horses now.   She laughs when he gives her a funny look!

      "Adrien, I forgot to have you sign my copier earlier!"  Marinette says.

     " I d-did not k-know you r-read my b-book!"  Adrien says.

      "It just so happens, I think it is a great  book!"  Marinette says.

     "Really?"  Adrien replies.

    "Yes, I mean it too because it has an interesting variety of characters, and the way they interact with one another is amazing!"  Marinette says.

        Adrien finishes adding his autograph to Marinette's  copy.  He blushes as he returns it to her.  What she does know is that he also, told her he likes her in the front of her copy as well.

        Manon sees how well Adrien and Marinette get along.  She smiles.

      "He is nice!  Is he your boyfriend?"  Manon ask.

      "No, he is just a friend!"  Marinette says.

     "Awe, that is to bad because I think he really  likes you."  Manon says.

     "Do not be silly, Manon!  There is no way he likes me."  Marinette says.

      "Just keep telling yourself that then!"  Manon says.

        Marinette blushes as she and Manon go back to Marinette's  place.  As they watch a movie she finds her self a bit side tracked.  She wonders, is Manon right?  Does Adrien like me?  She shakes her head at the silly thought.  

        Meanwhile, Adrien thinks about Marinette as she leaves!  He thinks the girl she is in charge of baby-sitting is one funny girl!  Why the girl thinks, he has an interest in Marinette?   How does she know?   It is not like he told anyone about his crush on Marinette.

         the end...