Rumors

"Why would you talk to him?" Lucy questioned Levy.

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't I?" Levy asked. She had gained a lot of confindence in talking to people over the last three hours, but she didn't talk very much still and if she did it was quiet.

"Have you not heard about it?" Lucy asked her, emphasizing the 'it'.

"Noo... I don't believe I have." Levy gave her a confused look.

"His mom was psycho, and everyone said they saw him being psycho too, so he's crazy." Lucy whispered.

"Have you seen him be crazy?" Levy questioned her.

"Well, no-"

"Well then, we just have to wait and see." Levy quietly told her.

"I guess so... So Levy, why are you so quiet?" Lucy asked, getting off the topic of Gajeel.

"Um... I don't want to talk about it yet... Sorry." Levy apologized.

"Oh, okay. I understand." Lucy said, not pushing Levy to tell her. Levy and Lucy walked from their lockers to the cafeteria.

"Look, its that girl who's gonna marry the psycho." A girl whispered as Levy and Lucy passed.

"I bet she's crazy too. I mean why would she talk to him?" Another girl said.

"They're talking about me, aren't they?" Levy whispered to Lucy. Lucy sadly nodded as a response.

Levy started tearing up. Her first day of school and people are already spreading rumors about her. She knew she couldn't trust people.

She started walking faster. Lucy tried and grab her wrist but she just pushed her away. Levy began running up stairs until she found the stair way to the roof.

Levy was suprised to see and garden. A garden you couldn't see from ground level. Flowers. Vegetables. Fruits. Who did this? Levy wondered.

She walked around the garden. It was just absolutely beautiful. Like no other garden she'd seen before.

Being so into the garden, Levy didn't notice someone else come on to the roof. "Shorty?" The person questioned.

Levy looked up and gasped, "Gajeel? Did you... Did  you do all of this?"

He sighed, "I only water them.... and sometimes give them fertilizer." He began walking over to the garden. He grabbed the hose that was wrapped up over by a wall.

"Its beautiful, really." Levy commented.

"Thanks... I guess."  Gajeel shrugged. He then started to water the plants. Levy couldn't help but wonder why he took care of this garden.

"How come?" She whispered.

"How come what?" He questioned her.

"How come you take care of it. The garden I mean." She walked up beside him and followed him as he moved along the garden.

"I don't know. I don't think it should be neglected is all." Gajeel shrugged. 'Why would anyone think he's psycho? He seems so kind and caring.' Levy couldn't stand people judging him without actually getting to know him.

"I don't understand..." Levy trailed off. She went in to thought mode as she continued to think about why people would think he's psycho. 

"Hey." Gajeel waved his hand in front of Levy's face.

"Huh?" She was pulled out of her thoughts and back to reality as Gajeel did that.

"I asked you what you didn't understand but you were so deep in thought." Gajeel explained.

"Oh sorry. I just don't understand why everyone judges you. You seem so nice. They dont even try to get to know you, but yet they still judge you. It doesn't make sense." Levy crossed her arms angrily.

"Its alright. I've gotten used to it over the years. You're actually the first person to actually defend me, let alone talk to me, besides John. Its a long story. I'll explain it to you some time." Gajeel sighed.

"Alright, and when you do, I'll tell you my story as well, deal?" She held out her pinkie and smiled. Gajeel stared at her for a second. It was so unusual for people to smile at him. He eventually got over it and gripped her tiny pinkie with his large one.

"Deal." Levy's smile widened.

"If you break the deal, I get to break your pinkie, okay." Levy smiled like that was the most casual thing to say. Gajeel's lips formed a sideways smirk.

"Hah, alright with me." Gajeel agreed. Another person came on to the roof. Gajeel and Levy turned to see Lucy standing there.

"Come on Levy. Class started. The teacher sent me to find you." Lucy said to Levy. Levy looked at Gajeel. Then looked to Lucy. She began to jog to Lucy, but turns around half way.

"Goodbye Gajeel. I'll see you later. Don't forget about our deal!" She ran off with Lucy and went to class.

"I should probably go to class too. John's gonna get angry if I skip class again." Gajeel said to himself as he walked towards the door.

The middle school Gajeel went to was connected to his current high school. That's how he took care of the garden. Gajeel hated school. No body would talk to him, they would all give him dirty looks. He often went to the roof just to get away.

The garden used to be all dead back then. He bought fertilizer and would water the garden. He didnt know why he cared for the garden so much. But it made him feel at peace, so he continued to take care of it.

He skipped class alot and eventually, his foster father, John, found out. He wasn't to happy about it. Gajeel promised him he wouldn't skip anymore. So that's what Gajeel it trying now, now he may be able to keep his promise. He had someone to talk to now. Someone beside John.

Levy would be the one who could help him. His first actual friend in years. It made happy. Finally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyy. Thats it for this chapter. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Yeahh... sorry, I really dont know what to say right now.

Thanks for reading this chapter. You can Vote, Comment, Follow Me.

I Lovvvee You So Much! Byyee!

~KaraMendez