Hit and Run

"Why? We didn't do anything to you!" Levy screamed, hoping someone would hear her. The girls just laughed.

Levy began crying, and blanked out as her memories took over.

~Flashback~

Levy walked through the halls of her middle school. A single face in the crowd of dozens. Silenty walking by herself. Minding her own business.

"Hey short stack." A girl and her friends walked up to Levy. Levy looked at them and tried to walk past. "Hey! I'm talkin' to you!" The girl yanked Levy by the collar of her shirt.

"Leave me alone." Levy silently whispered. So quiet, no one heard her.

"Its rude not to respond when spoken to. Maybe we should teach you a lesson on manners." The girl snapped her fingers and her friends all grabbed Levy and dragged her into the girls restroom.

They knocked all of Levy's items she was holding in her arms down to the ground. Levy's heart was racing faster than a race horse could run. What did I do to deserve this? Was all Levy could wonder.

The girls pushed Levy on to the ground. Levy covered her face. She hated that she was being picked on for nothing. The girls began kicking her. They laughed at the pain they were putting Levy through.

"Excuse me!" A teacher walked in. The girls stopped with a gasp. They stopped what they were doing and ran out of the bathroom before the teacher could do anything. 

It wasn't bad enough that this was the teacher that didn't care for teachers. Shocked? Yep, she didn't like how smart Levy was without talking or even participating in class. She was envious maybe. Thought that Levy always had an attitude, when really, Levy was still heartbroken about her dad.

"Get up, dust yourself off and get to class." She said. Levy picked up her things, and left, calling her mom at the start of class to come get her.

~Back to the Present Time~

"Get away from her I said!" Gajeel roared at the guys. They swarmed Levy while she spaced out. Gajeel jumped up from off the ground and punched the main guy in his jaw.

The guy put a hand to his lip, feeling the blood. He looked at the crimson liquid on his fingers, rage filling him. "You shouldn't have done that..." He cracked his knuckles and approached Gajeel with his friends behind him.

"Bring it." Gajeel cracked his fists. The guy he punched earlier took the first swing at Gajeel. He dodged it ever so swiftly. This only made the jocks even more mad.

Gajeel started to fight back. He didn't want to though. It was like he was giving in to insanity like his mother had did. But he had to think, 'This isn't insanity, its just protecting someone I care about.' He told himself.

Once all the guys were down, Gajeel was breathing heavily. He walked near the cheerleaders who were around Levy.

"Please, don't hurt us, we're sorry!" The head cheerleader pleaded, on the verge of crying.

"Tch. Why are you crying? You weren't asulted were you?" Gajeel angrily asked. The girls quickly shook their heads, running away in fear of Gajeel.

Gajeel knelt down on to one knee looking at Levy. He waved his large hand in front of her face. "Shrimp. Hey Shrimp? Shrimpyy??"

Gajeel began to shake her shoulders. "Earth to Shrimp!" He growled. She inhaled a big breathe and began screaming. She quickly realized it was only Gajeel. She pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm so glad its you." She smiled. Gajeel got a hot feeling in his face. He grabbed her wrist.

"Come on, we better get back before you get in trouble." He faced away from her so she wouldn't see his blush. They started running until they got back inside the school. They managed to make it back right at the end of lunch.

"What happened to you back there?" Gajeel asked Levy, referring to her space out.

"Past memories that were bad. I'm sorry I couldn't help you, I owe you one, Gajeel." Levy smiled towards him. The first bell rang, notifying everyone lunch was over. 

"Oh! I gotta get to class, see you later Gajeel." With that, Levy ran off leaving Gajeel feeling a feeling he hasn't felt in a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was quick. Didn't expect myself to make Gajeel start liking her so quickly. But, I got some tricks up my sleeve, we'll see what happens.

Sorry it takes me so long to update. I have lots going on. Volleyball, School, More Volleyball, Writers Block.

I'll tryyyyy harder. I promise.

Anyways, thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed. You can Vote, Comment, Follow Me.

I Lovvvvee You So Much! Byyeee!

~KaraMendez