Part 25

"Hey, um, Hanta?" Denki was nervous again. Like 'twiddling his thumbs, looking down at the ground, biting his lip' nervous.

"Yeah, what's up, Denki?"

"Uh," Denki began scratching at the back of his neck again. "My mom thinks I'm straight, can you help me prove her wrong?"

Hanta chuckled. "That was a good one, Denki."

"Heh, yeah." Denki still looked nervous.

"Was there something else?"

"Well, I mean, I guess you didn't get it. I was, uh, I was kinda asking you something."

"Wait, were you asking me if you could tell your parents about us? Because honestl-"

"No," Denki cut him off. "No, I kind of already told them. I was asking, uh, if you'd want to meet them. As my official boyfriend. It's fine if you don't want to or something, but I was supposed to go over this weekend for dinner so I figured I could bring you along." Denki was rambling, and he knew it, but he couldn't stop trying to fill the silence between the asking and the inevitable rejection. But he had run out of things to say and now he was just staring at his feet, one of which was rubbing the carpet underneath it.

"Denki, look at me." Hanta knew Denki could get self-conscious sometimes. And sometimes he needed reassurance in the form of a smiling face.

Denki slowly looked up at his boyfriend's face.

"Do you really want to introduce me to your parents, or are they asking you to?"

"No, I want to. They haven't been asking at all. This is all me."

"Okay, then I'll come."

Denki smiled, wider than Hanta had seen since he had first asked the taller boy out.

"Really? You'll really come to meet my parents?"

"Of course I will. Because my amazing boyfriend wants me to."

Denki's smile somehow got wider. He hugged Hanta until the noiret could barely breathe. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you so much, Hanta."

"Of course, Denki," Hanta wheezed out. "Now, could you let go of me before I pass out?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry."

"It's fine, babe," Hanta told him, kissing him on the cheek.

And Denki's already thousand-watt smile got even brighter somehow.