-4

I was awoken by the sound of screaming outside the door of my room.

I was startled by it and hurdled out of my bed to the door.

The nurse man with long hair from yesterday and Jenna was trying to steer a distressed boy dressed in dark ripped skinny jeans and grey hooded jumper. His straight black hair covered his eyes but I know he has or is crying since his eyeliner was spilling down his face.

"No!" I screamed constantly, " I don't want to go! You can't make me!" He shouted, it echoed all throughout the halls. Quite a few patients were sticking their heads out the door observing the scene that appears before them.

"Pete, please. You must." The man said. Pete still sat on the ground with his knees millimetres away from his face. He peered over his knees and examined the man standing before him, black streaked from his eyes to his chin.

"Pete, all we want to do is help. We won't hurt you, I promise." The nurse explained, and held his hand out for Pete. He took it and he helped himself up, the nurses led him to the room next to mine. Jenna placed papers on a clipboard and let it hang. She entered the room, and then came back out gently pulling Pete with her.

So he's a new resident here as well.

-

About an hour and twenty-nine minutes later, after Gerard and I had a meatless lunch together, we were sitting in the recreational room. I was studying him as he drew when Pete's tour ended with Jenna.

He looked better now since he was a total wreck before. He wasn't as pale as before and his eyeliner was redrawn.

He reluctantly walked up to us and slightly whispered "Jenna told me to uh, meet you both. Since you're both like my neighbours, I guess." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I'm Pete." He said and held out his hand, almost robotically. Gerard introduced himself then all eyes were on me. "My name is Frank." I mumbled hastily. We both shook his hand and he sat with us at the table Gerard and I first met at.

Gerard and Pete engaged a conversation about comics, which didn't exactly interest me, so I disappeared into the bathroom.

The bathroom wasn't very special, it was just another corridor and cubicles took up the walls.

The stalls mimicked the rest of the building; the whole structure just seemed boring.

Honestly, I wouldn't think it was a great to keep the walls, ceiling and everything else white because that can keep the patients minds entertained.

I believed the whole vicinity was empty until I heard muffled cries from a cubicle.

I glanced up at the stall I thought I heard it from but it was just a vacant three by four. I cautiously pushed the forward.

There sitting on the ground was a crying boy. He was a little rounded (if you know what I mean), he also had intense light brown sideburns and thin glasses that surrounded small green eyes.

"What's your name?" I asked, he just looked up and me and mumbled "Patrick."

I held out my hand to lift him off the ground. He seized it as I placed my other hand under his other hand and pulled him up. Once he stood up straight, I noticed there was an entire four centimetres different between our heights. I'm actually taller than someone; this is almost like a miracle.

"I'm Frank." I stated, he just nodded "Come on then Patrick, let's get you cleaned you." His response was repeated.

Once he looked somewhat better we left the bathrooms and I presented him to Gerard and Pete. Pete and Patrick instantly took a liking to each other.