𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

1913

THE BEATING OF THE HEADBOARD against the bedroom wall was the only sound echoing through the house on Watery Lane.

One touch and it was over, it was always that way with Marie. She felt electricity in her skin, hormones shutting down her higher brain. From there on in it was all passion, intense, intoxicating. It was her release, her escape, her drug.

"Fuck!" Marie said, breathless from her previous activities.

"Think that was our best one yet" The famous, ladies-man John Shelby stated.

"What? Fuck off! It was the time Polly took us to see the horses and we did it behind the stables."

"O yeah...forgot about that day" The Shelby boy replied reminiscing the memories of the day at the stables.

"And night" Marie quickly added, a small smirk on her face as she turned to him. Her hair spread over the silk pillow and cheeks glowing a soft tint of red.

"C'mere" He suddenly wrapped his arms around her, securing her back to his front.

"I'm going to miss this..." She whispered, as their fingers intertwined. The curtains added an orange glow to the morning light as it streamed in like a flamboyant guest, not waiting for an invitation, shining onto the linked hands of the two lovers.

"I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow..." Her small smile suddenly vanishing and instead leaving behind salty drops that fell towards her chin drenching the pillow she was lying upon.