𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜

A SUDDEN GUSH OF PAIN JOLTED THROUG MARIE'S BODY

A SUDDEN GUSH OF PAIN JOLTED THROUG MARIE'S BODY. Her stomach ached, her arms lost tension and her legs began to weaken. "I can't do this any longer," she thought as she dropped to the ground. Her tongue was soaked in the taste of blood. Bruised and winded, with a leg in agony, she muttered, "Why? Why the fuck did you get me?"

"Because your the weakest link Miss Brown." She heard a voice before she saw a man. His Northern Irish accent easy to decipher when he spoke.

"Fuck off." She muttered under her breathe.

She was struggling to keep her eyes open. They kept fluttering. Her head was spinning.

"What do you know about the Shelbys? John Shelby?"

"What? I don't," She spoke as she tried to regain her breath. "I don't know anything! We were friends when we were kids that's all."

"Im guessing your weren't just friends with him last night, were you Miss Brown?"

He laughed heartlessly, looking down at her as if she was just another child begging him for pity. But she wasn't. Instead of lowering her head she lifted it, a stony glare carved into her dark eyes. Fury blurred her sight but she tightened her jaw and glared at him. Maries glare was the only message the inspector needed.

Three pairs of rough hands tried to seize her. Maria struggled against them, shooting her right leg out but her movements were far too slow. Hands moving from her waist, one officer seized her arms, trapping them to her side.

"Continue, and make her suffer. We need to send a message."

"No! Don't fucking touch me! Let me go!" She screamed, but the only response she received was the echoing of her own voice.

Each attack, punch and beating resulted in cries. She tried to be strong, she really did. She wanted John to rescue her and take her back to a time when everything was fine...but it was broken now. Everything was broken. Her happiness, her soul, the very smile that graced her features was gone. And instead it was replaced by a broken girl, just crying for her love to save her.

But he never did.

Dedicated to my girl aprilmoonlight16
Thank you for being so supportive of the story, it means so much! xx