𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥

"I NEED A JOB." MARIE STATED.

She was resting upon Johns bed, tucked safely under his arm in a warm embrace. With the sun shining across her face, she lay with an ease that the world craves to grasp but never seems to capture. The world kept spinning and swirling around, chaos leaking from its pores. Yet as she lay in the company of John, eyes closed to the world and its troubles, a brief smile stretched across her face as a gust of wind encircled her from the open window.

"You...get a job." John stated mockingly, laughing to himself at the thought of Marie getting a job.

"Oi! Fuck off...cheeky fucker!" She slapped his chest, slightly smirking at his question.

"Sorry, alright sorry! I just can't see it." He happily chuckled to himself.

"Right, don't believe then. I'll go get a job at that pub!" She stated almost reassuring herself of the stament as she rested her back against the headboard.

"No, no, no I do! Alright, I do. I'm just concerned, it's quite a...rough place." He told her, cringing at his words.

"What? So I'm not rough?" She asked seemingly offended.

"No...your adorable. The way you cry at sad books. The way you helped clean up Robbie Williams nose after I punched him for breakin' your heart when we were about eight." As he spoke, he began to lean closer, his eyes staring deeply into hers identifying every speck of blue that shone against the green.

"Well you went a bit too far." She whispered her breath fanning over his lips as the words slipped off her tongue.

They both leaned in. The air was tense. The sound of birds and car became hazy. Breathes mingling. Their souls would intertwine after years of absence.

And she kissed his cheek.

Missing his lips and purposely placing them on the side of his face. She kissed his cheek.

"Thanks for the help John!" She called as she grabbed her belongings and ran out the door.

"Fucking hell..." He mumbled, a small smile gracing his features rather than his usual smirk.

Romantic love is often described as the type of love that takes your breath away, makes your stomach feel like it is going to fall out of your body, and makes you do things you never thought were possible. So as the feeling of giddiness began to settle within the hearts of the two lovers.

They both knew.

They both knew the love they held for one another was blossoming like it did in 1914...all those years ago.