Chapter 16: Day 3 of Suspension

I wasn't sure what time it was.

I guess that's how you know you're drunk. I happen to drink the most out of everyone, funny enough. Ashley never came back down after she excused herself to go to the bathroom, it's safe to assume she passed out somewhere up there. Shane and Jen were making out on the couch, without a care in the world, also safe to assume he indeed likes her back. Robin was knocked out sitting upright in the recliner chair, with a bowl of chips on her lap that was bound to fall at any second. And Jake? Well Jake and I were in the kitchen, sitting down at the round four person table, having a nice drunk conversation about life.

"Can I ask you sssomething? " I managed to find my words. Jake didn't seem as drunk as I was, or maybe he was, I don't know.

"Of course. " He told me as he fiddled with a napkin in front of him on the table.

"Why do you even like me? " I inquired curiously.

He didn't miss a beat, "Because you're amazing." He smiled at me, his perfectly white teeth showing, and dimples on either side of his mouth sunken in. He had a great smile, no doubt about that.

"You don't know me." I assured him, I was in a daze, everything seemed lucid.

"I know you enough for me to like you."

I shook my head no, "If you really knew me, you wouldn't like me."

"You think?" He asked.

"I know." I stated firmly.

He looks down at the napkin which was curled up into a fake joint. Then he looks back at me.

"Okay. If you tell me a secret about yourself that no one else knows, I'll tell you one of mine."

I scoffed, "and and what is that going to prove?"

"If I know you well enough to like you the way I do. If you surprise me then you're right."

"But I am right, so all you gain is knowing a secret of mine and I gain nothing. "

"You gain a secret of mine." He leans forward. "Unless.. You're scared." He mocks.

"Ha! I'm not scared." I say, knowing darn well he's trying to bait me.

"Then? What are you waiting for." He leans back into the chair. I take a moment to look at him and the first thing that crosses my mind is Mr. Johnsen of course. But there was no way in hell I was going to tell Jake that secret, drunk or not.

"You go first. " I tell him.

"Fine. But then you have to tell me yours." He emphasizes. I nod in agreement.

Jake takes a deep breath in and then exhales. "Well.. My secret is.. Don't laugh, I'm a virgin." He admits.

There was a pause of silence as we both just looked at each other with a serious face.

"What!! " I exclaim, breaking the silence then proceed to laugh.

"I said don't laugh!"

"I'm sorry!" I continue to chuckle, "there's no way in hell that's true."

"But it is." He tells me and I could see his face getting red.

"Sorry, I'm not laughing because you're a virgin I'm laughing because... Well that's the last thing I thought you would say."

"Well it's true and nobody really knows besides you now. " He shrugs.

"Wait a second.. I thought you and Megan were having sex, I mean you guys were going out for a while."