Chapter 9: The Party

The music was loud and everyone was doing something. There were people dancing, smoking, talking, flirting, kissing, drinking, and most importantly living. The house was packed with a lot of teenagers, some from our school, some I've never seen in my life. The backyard was filled with teenagers and some were even in the pool. This was Shane, the rich boy that everyone knew at school. He was the second most popular guy, his best friend Jake being the first. But I couldn't care less. I didn't even want to be here but my friend Jennifer made me. I was already tipsy and decided to stop drinking, had to go find the bathroom now.. Piss break.

I walk around and find the bathroom as some girls are there waiting. Actually, Ashley was in front of me and we started talking until she tells me some interesting news.

"From what I heard, Jake's been looking for you all night. Megan isn't back in town yet anyways."

"Really?" I say.

"Yep, I think you should go talk to him and see what he wants." She winks as she goes into the bathroom as the other girl leaves. I stand there just thinking to myself what Jake could possibly want. I had a feeling he likes me but he's with Megan, and besides, I like Mr. Johnson. The reason I didn't even want to go to the party tonight is so I can save my energy for tomorrow night. I was going to go to his house and spend the rest of the weekend there. I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.

~

After using the bathroom I feel someone's hand on my arm and I turn to find myself face to face with Jake.

"Hey, I've been looking for you." He says as he smiles and I see his perfect white teeth.

"Hey, what's up?" I reply as he leans in and asks me if I wanted to go somewhere more quiet so we can talk. I nod and he leads me through the crowd of people. You see, when you have a vagina and walk alongside the most popular guy fron your high school, people will stare. And that's exactly wgat they did. I followed behind Jake upstairs as he opens a door and I find myself in a game room. There was a pool table, a Foosball table, some arcades and even a bar.

"Cool." I say as I walk around and look at the cool stuff.

"Sorry, I just couldn't hear you downstairs with all that loud music." He tells me and I tell him I understand.

"So what is it you want to talk about?" I ask. He walks over behind the bar.

"Drink?" He asks.

"Sure."

"What'll you have today mam?" He asks and I go take a seat.

"A dirty martini, please." I say smiling. Jake gets his shaker out, some ice, a bottle and begins to go at work. He then grabs a martini glass and pours out the drink inside. He then grabs a toothepick and an olive and places it inside my drink.

"Ooh, professional." I say as I take a sip. "It's really good." I tell him.

"Thanks." He says back.

"So this is why you wanted to see me, so you can make me drinks all night." I chuckle and take another sip.

"Well not really. I just wanted to see you so I can tell you something."

"Which is what Jake?"

"That I really like you Kaitlyn. And I think you know that I do." He says to me and I take another drink of my martini.

"Jake.. You're with Megan." I tell him.

"Yeah I know. I don't really like her, I'm only with her because I don't want to hurt her feelings."

"That doesn't make it any better." I say.

"Yeah I know, but it's easier for me to pretend than to break her heart." He says.

"Jake, if you're only with her because of pity, then in my opinion that's worse than breaking her heart and being honest with her." I tell him as I take another sip of my drink.

"It's just hard.. But the girl I really want to be with is you." He says. He walks over to my side and takes a seat on the stool next to me. Oh god.

"Listen to me. I've known you for a really good while now and I can't help it. I'm crazy about you, I really am. You make me happy."

"What is it that you want?" I ask him.

"You. I want you." He says sincerely. He places his hand on my thigh and I feel the warmth of his palm. Jake is such a sweet kid, but he isn't the person I want.

"Jake listen, this is sweet and all but I kind of like someone else. I'm kinda crazy about somebody right now." I confess to him.

"Oh..." He says, "I don't see you hang out with guys at our school though."

"Yeah, but I like someone."

"Who is he?" He asks.

"I'm not going to tell you."

"Who ever he is I can assure you he doesn't like you the way I do." He says as he trails his hand on my waist now. I just look at him in a daze and gulp down the rest of my martini. He leans in and he kisses me and astonishingly, I kiss back. He stands in front of me while I remain sitting on the stool and he grips both his hands on my waist. I can't lie, this was kinda hot and I started to get aroused.

"Jake.. I-"

"Jake! Whoa, sorry to interrupt but Megan's downstairs and she's looking for you." Shane says as he stands in the middle of the doorway.

"Okay thanks Shane." Jake says. Shane leaves the room and Jake turns to me. "I can't believe it took me all this time to kiss you."

"Yeah well.."

"Listen to me, I'm not going to stop trying. I'll figure things out with Megan, but I know who it is that I want."

"Jake, we can't." I tell him.

"I have to go now." He tells me.

"Ok." I say. He looks at me almost with sadness before he leaves the room.

I remain seated at the bar by myself now. I look down at my martini glass and swirl the liquid with the olive. I begin to think about Mr. Johnson and everything that happened. I was left slightly aroused right now and the only person on my mind is him. I want him so bad, I need him. I still couldn't believe it. Somehow I managed to fulfill my fantasies, and it was only going to get much better tomorrow night. Yet, for some reason I was afraid. Afraid because I had to reassure myself I wouldn't fall in love with him. This only has to be about lust and lust only. Because love would ruin everything and make things complicated. Even so, I was still afraid. Afraid that maybe falling in love with him would be inevitable. But more so afraid because as of now, I didn't care.