Chapter 13: Afterschool Special

Today, I was reluctant to go home to say the least. After being in Mr. Wade's office, I received 3 days suspension, starting tomorrow. Megan received the same punishment as well, so in fairness I suppose we got what we deserved. She got her face caved into, and I got the satisfaction of seeing the aftermath of her face.
Even so, this was my first time getting into any sort of trouble at school, so I was worried what my parents would consider doing. Maybe if I explained to them what exactly happened, aside from Mr. Wade's disappointing voicemail, they might understand and take it easy on me.
I put away my books into my locker since I wasn't going to be needing those for a couple of days. All I really wanted to do was see Mr. Johnson, leaning against that wall by the office as per usual. I emptied my bookbag and closed my locker door, making my way down the hall. I turn the corner and then another corner and look ahead of the students in front of me to the infamous wall. No signs of Mr. Johnson, that's weird. I turn the corner again towards the office, and see a couple of teachers punching out for the day. Still no signs of Mr. Johnson. Since his class was nearby the office, I figured I could pass by and see if he was there. I walk down towards the end of this hall and reach his open door.

I smiled. There he was still sitting behind his desk, typing away at the computer. He looked over at me and smirked. That was all I needed to make myself welcomed. I walked in.

"Hey." I simply tell him.

"Hey." He says back.

"So..... How's it going?" I ask.

"Nothing much. Trying to finish some work before I head out. How about you beautiful?" He asks, and my heart skipped a beat with his compliment. Then reality kicked in and I realized I was going to miss his class tomorrow, and then again on Thursday, meaning I wasn't going to be in his class until next fucking week!!!!

"I got suspended today, received the 3 day vacation." I tell him bluntly.

"You what???" His eyes blink in shock, with his eyebrow cocked up.

"Yeah.. I kind of punched someone in the face."

"You're joking... Right?" He says. I shake my head no.

"Who did you hit??"

"Megan."

"Megan....?"

"Megan Rogers"

"I'm not sure who that is.."

"Of course not, she's stupid." I laugh.

"Why did you hit her anyway?"

"Because she thinks I like her boyfriend, and I'm trying to steal him, which I'm not. So when we were outside for gym, she took it upon herself to drench me with her friend's water bottle. So I hit her." I shrugged.

"Oh Jesus... Well.. Did you hit her hard?"

"Yep."

"I hope it was worth it." He tells me. He looked back at his computer, shaking his head. "You know colleges get to see if you had any suspensions, right?"

"Oh.. Well I wasn't planning on punching her, it sort of just happened. But... I didn't think about that." I answered honestly. I walked around his desk, and stood next to him. He stopped typing again and swiveled his chair towards me. He smiled.

"Such a bad girl all of a sudden." He smiles.

I couldn't help but bite my lips, I leaned down towards him and gave him a kiss on the lips. He grabbed my hip with his right hand, kissing me back. Then he broke our kiss.

"We shouldn't do this in school, I don't want anyone to find out about us." He says to me. I stand up straight now.

"I understand, better safe than sorry. What sucks is that I won't see you until next week. I'm going to miss your classes." I tell him.

"Oh right. Well, how about you come over tomorrow night. I'll can pick you up." He says to me.

"Well I don't know if that will be possible, I might get grounded because of this "

"Oh you're right... well let me know what happens tonight and we'll arrange something." He winks at me. I smile again, then I hear someone knock on the door.

"Knock, knock, I thought I saw you coming down this way." Jake was at the doorway standing there, smiling at me. Oh fuck, if he would've came just a couple seconds sooner, he would've caught Mr. Johnson and I kissing. Luckily, he didn't.

"Hey Jake, need something buddy?" Mr. Johnson asks him.

"Just wanted to talk to Kait." He says.

"Alrighty then, Kait, you did fine for the quiz, I'll be going home now." He clicked off his computer as he played this off real well.

"Ok, thanks Mr. Johnson." I said to him as I walked to the doorway to Jake. He wrapped his arm around my waist in a sweet gesture and lead me out the door. We walked side by side and stopped at the end of the hall.

"Jake, what are you doing?"

"I heard about what happened today... I just wanted to see if you were okay." He tells me.

"I'm fine, I'm not the one you should be checking on. You should be asking your girlfriend if she's okay."

"She's not my girlfriend." He interjects.

"What?"

"I broke up with her today, I told her how she was being irratic and very possessive of me, I didn't want to be with her anymore, and that my feelings for her changed."

My jaw dropped.

"You're serious? You decide to do this TODAY?"

"What does it matter? I was going to break up with her sooner or later." He says.

"Jake..." I face palm myself. Great, this was going to cause even more drama for me.

"Kait, I really like you, I just wish this doesn't change anything between you and I." He says as he takes my hand and holds it with his.

"Jake... I can't." I tell him.

"I understand you need some time, but I won't give up on trying to win you over. I can feel it in my bones that you like me too." He says. He then leans in and plants a kiss on my lips. He kisses me and his soft lips feel nice, but I just froze in place. I then broke the kiss, and when I did I realized Mr. Johnson was near us, clocking out. He was staring right at us with an annoyed look on his face. He turned away and just walked out. My heart dropped.

Could this day get any fucking worse???

"Jake! Stop it! Jesus Christ." I exclaim. "I don't need this drama right now, just leave me alone." I tell him as I storm off, pissed. I leave Jake and exit through the same doors that Mr. Johnson did. I go down the steps onto the concrete sidewalk, and look to see if I find Mr. Johnson on the parking lot, but I don't spot him at all. I sigh to myself. I hope he didn't think I was lying to him about Jake, and hope he believed me that I really didn't like him. Anyway, it was time for me to head home and face the music. What a fucking day.