Hold on to the Memories

(Monte X Craig)

It's been tree and a half weeks since Craig passed and, to be honest, I often forget he's gone. I can still feel him from time to time. His voice still resonates throughout the house. Hell, sometimes I still feel his hand on my shoulder.

As I flip through old photos of us, I began to cry once more. Soon, I get to one in particular photo that brings back one of the best memories I have with him. nearly fifty years ago, this photo was taken. Our wedding photo. Craig held my hands in his as we both looked into the camera, smiling. I smile down at the photograph, lightly brushing my finger against it.

"I love you, Craig Mabbitt." I say to myself, yet, still hoping Craig would hear. I soon sit down in my rocking chair, just looking at the empty recliner that sat beside me. I let out a sigh, slowly leaning back as I knew Craig would be here, soon.

Sure enough, I closed my eyes and, just as they shut one last time, I could see him. My love. Craig Mabbitt. He held out a hand as he stood before me. He's exactly as I remember him. I gladly take hold of his outstretched hand as he lifts me up from my seat. I can feel myself leaving my mortal body behind as Craig smiles at me. Soon, we began to rise from the ground, lifting each other up into Heaven's warmth and paradise. Together, once more. This time, for all of eternity.