Chapter 1: Discussions

Recently turned seventeen, Elena awoke brightly and feeling fairly energetic. She raced down the hall and down the stairs not caring that she was still in her nightdress. Sitting at her assigned seat at the dining table, she greeted her family and friends good morning before getting a talk from Esteban.

"Elena, you're not properly dressed," he said, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Oh well. I'll get dressed after breakfast then," the Crown Princess stated as she stuffed another mouthful of food into her.

"Leave her be Esteban. She just turned seventeen yesterday," Fransisco slightly demanded. Breakfast was quickly over with Isabel heading off to school, Naomi going back to the harbour and Mateo heading up to his wizarding area to practice more spells.

Elena dressed in her usual attire, minus the fact that she left her hair down instead of in her usual ponytail. She was just putting in her hair clip when a knocking came from her door.

"Come in!" she welcomed. It was her Abuelos.

"Elena, when you turn eighteen you'll be Queen. You know that don't you?" Fransisco questioned nervously.
"Yeah, why?" Elena asked slightly confused.

"Well, you see Mija, when you are coronated Queen you need to chose a King," Luisa explained.

Elena was dumbfounded for a minute before she finally wrapped her head around what her Abuela just said.

"So you're telling me that this next year is just going to be me going on dates, trying to find a Prince to marry," Elena summed up.
"Yes, basically," Luisa smiled nervously.
"Okay," Elena simply nodded before hurrying her grandparents out.

She wasn't okay with this. She had already found someone. Then again, that person didn't even know and probably doesn't even like her in that way, but still. She didn't want this to happen to her. Not now. She couldn't help but cry. And that's what she did. Cried until she could cry no more. How was she going to do this?