Chapter 6: The Wedding

It was the twentieth of August and Elena was in the middle of getting married. She spent the whole night before balling her eyes out until she had no more tears.

Tobias had done the same. He wasn't a ruler to Avalor yet though, so it would be easy to reject that marriage. He had a plan sorted out, and knew Elena's heart belonged to Gabe, and his own heart belonged to someone else in his Kingdom.

When the Queen made her way down the aisle with her free-flowing, white wedding gown, no one could do anything but awe. Gabe was standing off to the side, guarding the area and holding back tears.

When it came to say their vows, Tobias went into an amazing description of Elena.
"-I love you Elena, but I can't marry you," he finished. Everyone whispered and some people screamed at the rejection. Gabe, well, he smiled slightly.

"Your heart belongs to someone else and it has for years. I know that. Your heart doesn't belong with mine, and my heart doesn't belong with yours. Because, it too, belongs to someone else.

"I hope that we can each find happiness with the people that we truly love. Elena, I wish that we can still be friends, and I wish you the best of luck for the future," Tobias smiled.

Elena brightened up immediately and, in the heat of the moment, she looked at Gabe and ran. Ran towards him and smashed her lips against his. Gabe felt like the world had just been remade.

"I love you Gabe. And I'm sorry," Elena whispered.

"I love you too. And I forgive you."