Chapter 7: Proposal

Elena
I was eighteen today. Yay! Finally! But it was also mine and Gabe's three year anniversary today, too, so you could tell I was really excited. I ran down to breakfast and was greeted with "Happy Birthday's", a kiss from Gabe, and my favorite breakfast foods. My day was already going great.

Gabe
I had been debating whether or not I should propose to Elena for at least a week now. I had asked Luisa and Fransisco if I could, yesterday, and they gladly gave me permission. I felt the pocket of my pants that had the box with the ring in it. I was going to do it today.

It was the ball that night where I proposed. Well, tried to. Esteban came in somehow knowing what I wanted to do and stopped me from doing it. He took away the ring I had spent so much money on. I had been saving up for the ring since last year, but, then I remembered. You don't need a ring to propose.

So I asked her nervously, "Will you marry me, Elena?" and her reply was crying with a silent, "Yes."

I couldn't hold back my tears so I started to happily cry. I held her in an embrace before letting my lips touch hers.

Elena
"So, you wanna get that ring back?" I asked wiling away my tears.
"Wait. You knew?" Gabe questioned.

"I saw Esteban take it from you. So you wanna get it back?" I asked again.
"Hell yeah," he replied. Off we went, Gabe and I. Just how I liked it, on another adventure. God, I loved him so much, and now I would be marrying him.