Chapter 2: Coronation

Elena
"Elena, wake up!" I heard Isa shout.

"You know, you don't have to shout, I'm right next to you!" I stated, sitting up in bed. The last few nights Isa and I had slept in the same bed, since we were both having bad nightmares.

Isa left my room so I could change. I dressed in my usual attire, but I would wear my ballgown later tonight at my coronation. I was greeted by Gabe first, when I was walking down to breakfast.

"Happy Birthday Elena," he said, handing me a small box. I opened the box and there was a necklace with my name as it's pendant.

"Thank you, Gabe!" I thanked, hugging him and kissing him on the cheek. We both blushed after that happened. I'll admit, I've had a crush on him for awhile now, but now's not the time to talk about that.

I was greeted by my family, along with my favorite breakfast foods. My family all said "Happy Birthday" to me, along with Mateo and Naomi. I spent the day celebrating, but also worrying about that night.

Abuela helped me get ready that night, and I decided to put the necklace on that Gabe gave me.

"Where did you get the necklace?" Abuela asked.

"Gabe gave it to me this morning before breakfast," I smiled, thinking about him i blushed when I thought about me kissing him this morning.

I walked downstairs to the ballroom with Abuela and the guests all greeted me. First, I would be coronated as Crown Princess. I stood near the throne and waited.

"Princess Elena. Do you solemnly swear to protect and uphold Avalor like your parents did before you?" Armando asked, my new tiara in hand.

"I do solemnly swear," I replied, trying my best to hold in my panic.
"Then it is my honor to give you the title of Crown Princess," He smiled, placing the tiara on my head carefully. Applause and cheers were heard from all around the ballroom.

"Everyone," I addressed. "Before we begin dancing, I would like to choose the four members of the Royal Council," I explained. As I said each name, I walked up to the person.

"My Abuela, Luisa Flores. Because she can always find a bright side to anything. Naomi Turner, because she is one of the greatest friends you could have.

"My Abuelo, Fransisco Flores, because he's the wisest person I know. And, lastly . . . Gabriel Núñez, because he's been protecting me for years, and I know that he can also protect the Kingdom equally well. Which is why I would also like to put him in the Royal Guard as Lieutenant Gabriel Núñez," I smiled, crying slightly.

"Thank you, Elena," he thanked with a smile.
"You're welcome, Gabe," I replied. "Now I would also like to appoint the Royal Wizard," I grinned.

"Mateo de Alva. You've proven to not only be an amazing friend but an amazing wizard as well. And I don't care what you say to get out of this, you will be the Royal Wizard," I explained.

"Well, okay," he agreed.
"Good. Now, shouldn't we get the party started?" I asked. The music started playing and I went over to talk to Gabe.

"Gabe there's something I wanna tell you," I started.
"What is it?" He asked, slightly nervous.
"I know it might be too soon to say this but, I love you," I admitted.

"He looked at me with a mixture of shock and awe before he spun me around and placed his lips gently against mine. My fifteenth birthday had just become WAY better.

"Lena. I love you too."