👑Chosen👑

"Why aren't you even trying to stop her?" Miranda asked, disbelief clearly in her voice. Avalor was the place she called home, the place she was born and raised. The place where she married the love of her life, the place they had their first child.

She knew it was important to Lucia too. For heavens sake, she ruled Avalor. Or at least helped rule that Kingdom. She couldn't just throw everything out the window and give up just because of some stupid little sorceress who wanted to attempt a take over.

A newborn Sofia stirred in her mother's arms as she felt her mother tense. She made a small noise, distracting Miranda for a moment to hush her child.

"Miranda, she's too strong," Lucia stated, her eyes welling up at the thought of what could - no - would happen, sooner or later, "Even if we tried we wouldn't be able to prevent the inevitable from happening."

Miranda softened her look, seeing her friend wipe away a quick to fall tear. She moved Sofia into one of her arms so that the other could rest on Lucia's hand, to comfort her.

"I'm sorry," Lucia cried. Every tear she had held back was now falling like an overflown dam that had just burst, "I know how important Avalor is to you and your family and everyone and I'm so, so, so sorry."

She couldn't stop crying. Her body began to shake as the tears kept rolling down. She felt helpless. Her subjects, her friends, her family. All those closest to her, she couldn't help. She let them all down.

Miranda felt the same way in that moment. Helpless. She had never seen Lucia break down this much before. She didn't know what to do. For the ten years that Miranda had known Lucia, she had known her to be a strong women, who could take on anything. Miranda had seen her cry maybe once or twice in their time as friends, even then it was only a tear or two. But, this time, this time it was never ending.

"Sofia will save the Kingdom one day though," Lucia whispered, beginning to try and compose herself.

"What?" The whisper had caught Miranda completely off-guard.

"The amulet I'm wearing will be handed to her one day," Lucia muttered quietly. Miranda looked at her in confusion.

"We already made a plan; Mama, Papa, Raul and I. Elena will receive the amulet as a gift. It will protect her if Shuriki takes over. Mama and Papa will hide in an enchanted painting. One that Alacazar has already made in case the inevitable happens sooner than we think. Raul and I," She paused to collect herself and her thoughts before continuing, "Raul and I most likely won't make it. She'll want the King and Queen before moving on to anyone else.

"Once Elena is in the amulet, Alacazar will take it and keep it safe. Depending on where you are he will give it to you directly or to someone else to give to you. I know Sofia will be old enough when it happens, and I know she will be capable enough for the responsibility. I trust her and I trust you," Lucia explained, taking in a deep breath to replenish all the oxygen lost from speaking.

Miranda didn't say anything, just nodded her head. At first, she thought it was all crazy. Well, even after thinking it over it was still crazy to her. But she trusted Lucia with her life, so she knew whatever she planned would work and that whatever she had said would happen, will happen.

Sofia will get the amulet and save the Kingdom of Avalor. One day.