~You Can't Know~ ~Angst/Fluff~

Omegaverse again bc fuck y'all I can do what I want!

Omega Lance and Omega Shiro 👀👀

Shiro knew it was coming. He felt the familiar heat inside his abdomen.

He knew his heat was coming, it was an inevitable fact. Since they were all suddenly shot into space he started getting low on his suppressants. It's not like the man knew he'd be stuck out in space for who knows how long. He's not really 'uncomfortable' with the fact that he is an omega, but on Earth there's the stereotypes that he hates so much, there's still the weird hierarchy that omegas aren't as capable or as strong as alphas.

Ever since Shiro was young, he'd always wanted to be a pilot, he wanted to explore space, to see the stars he saw at night up close for himself. Ever since he first presented he lost all hope, but his parents wouldn't let their son lose his dreams, so they gave him suppressants, and he's been on them ever since.

It's not that he thinks the Paladins won't accept him, he's sure they will, but he's scared they'll treat him differently, he's scared they'll rethink about him being their leader. Even though Shiro found leading sort of stressful, he didn't want his friend's views of him to change over his second gender.

His fear slightly washes away whenever he sees Lance. Everyone knew Lance was an omega, they all thought he was the only omega, and they don't treat him differently. Lance, even with his second gender, has always joined them on missions, no one spoke out against it, they all just let him be equals with them.

But Shiro does get jealous of Lance sometimes, that Lance can give and get so much affection from everyone, it's instinct, omegas loved to be around others, especially their pack mates. But Shiro is the 'big buff alpha'. He can't go around looking for that as much as his inner omega pleads for it.

As much as Shiro wanted to not like Lance because of it, he has developed a crush on the other omega. Omega/Omega relationships aren't uncommon, but they're slightly looked down upon, that's probably another reason why Shiro desperately finds reasons to not like Lance. But the young omega brings out the fun within Shiro, Lance always finds a way to make Shiro break out a grin, or laugh, or just get flustered.

At this moment, he needed to tell someone, as much as he doesn't want anyone to know, he has to.

They'll find out eventually.

Shiro sets out to find the only person who'd understand. Lance.

—————————

"Lance, could I talk to you?"
Shiro asked Lance. They were all called for a meeting about their upcoming mission, Allura has just finished and Shiro felt this was the best time to get to Lance.

Lance turned to face Shiro, slight concern washes over his features.

"Of course, a-are you okay?"

Shiro looked around nervously, waiting for everyone to leave the room. Once he sees there's no one in sight, he turns back to face Lance.

"S-sorry I just, I just feel like you're the best person to talk to about this, well, being an omega and all..."

Lances eyes widen slightly before a shit eating grin comes to his face.

"You found yourself a lovely omega, did you Shiro?"

Shiro blushed furiously.

"No! No-" Shiro inhales and then sighs.

"No, I didn't...I, god fuck I don't know how to say this.."

Lance's smirk turned back to concern in a split second, he then wraps his arms around Shiro, gently rubbing up and down Shiro's back as he leaves off some calming pheromones.

Lance can feel the tension relax in Shiro's back as he does so.

"So, Shiro, any better?"

Lance nearly whispers. Shiro blushes furiously but smiles softly, delicately placing his hands on Lance's waist, as if he could break under his touch.

"Y-yeah, thank you, okay.... I'm...."

Shiro tried to say out but his words just won't come out of his mouth.

"I-uhh..."

Shiro felt tears sting his eyes as he tries to form his words, the grip he has on Lance's waist tightening.

"I-I'm sc-scared.."

Shiro barely gets out, choking on his words.

"M-My heat is starting s-soon and-"

"Don't you mean your r-rut?"

Lance interrupted him. Shiro has expected an answer like that, but he just simply replies.

"I know what I said.."

He felt Lance tense slightly, until Lance's grip around him grew tighter. Lance said something, but it was mumbled by the fact that Lance's face was buried into Shiro's shoulder.

"W-what?"

"It's, it's nice to finally have someone to talk to about it, but Shiro..." lance spoke before looking up to the man.

"Why did you keep this from us? From me?"

Shiro sighed, tears running down his cheeks.

"I-I was scared, I-i don't know why because, because I knew everyone w-was okay with, with you but I just can't help but feel that, that they'll think of me differently...t-that you'll think of m-me differently..." Shiro let out in one large wave, using the palm of his hand to wipe his eyes furiously. He felt warm hands land on his arms, carefully tugging at them. Shiro let his hands move with Lance's, looking down to see the younger omega smiling sadly up at Shiro.

"Hey, it's okay. I get it, it's tough as fuck being us, but us omegas have to stick together ya know?" Lance says softly, looking down at their hands, intertwining his fingers with Shiro's. "We're a pack, a team, you know you're able to trust us, trust me..." Lance says as he looks back up to Shiro. Shiro smiled down at the younger omega.

"Thank you Lance.."

"No problem Kashi.."

Shiro blushed at the nickname, making Lance giggle which in turn made Shiro more flushed than before.

"Kashi you're adorable!"

"N-no I'm not-"

"Kashi! You! Are! Adorable!!"

"But I don't really look like I'm supposed to-"

Lance placed his hands harshly on Shiro's cheeks, squishing the older omega's face.

"What are you?"

"What am I?"

"Yes!"

"A-an omega?"

Lance burst out laughing, his hands still having a hard grip on the other's face.

"Yes! but what are you?"

"Me?"

"You're a-dor-a-ble!"

"N-no I'm not!"

"Yes!"

"No?"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"HAHA! Now lets go help you get ready okay?"

Shiro let out a small laugh before obliging. Giving the younger another soft smile.

"Okay.."

Look at me writing an actual long chapter!!