Chapter 4: Help me

Alec's POV

"Oh shoot, I forgot something." Anna said when we were almost home from school.

"What?"

"I forgot to buy milk and eggs. Mum would have killed me, if I could have come home without these things. But Alec, I see that you are tired, go home, I will be okay. And you know, if anything, just call me." My sister unloaded me and went to grocery store. I carefully opened the house door and hid behind a flower pot, to check if the air is clear. I didn't see mom anywhere, so I went upstairs to my room and exhausted like hell, laid on my bed. I wanted to sleep so bad but I was afraid about that if mum finds me, she will hurt me no matter if I will be asleep or not. I turned on my phone and went to my Insta. Right at beginning of my feed, I saw her. The girl who stole my heart. Lauren Cimorelli. I immediately liked, commented and screenshotted her post. I remembered how she hugged me yesterday, how she held my hand and she even kissed my cheek. I wonder why she did that but I wish so badly that she could love me as well. I always get butterflies just when I look at her, not saying about that when she touches me. I was thinking about Lauren again when suddenly, mum barged into my room and she looked very angry.

"Where were you yesterday? How could you dare to leave this house without my permission?" She started yelling at me.

"I am so sorry, mom. It was actually Anna's plan. We knew that you would never allow us to see Cimorelli." Tears started forming in my eyes as I said this.

"What the hell?! You two were on Cimorelli concert? You are gonna regret this so bad!" Mum came closer to me and slapped me straight into my face.

"This one was for betraying me and disobeying! Now strip to the waist!" Mum continued her cruelty. She left me alone for a while but when she came back, my mouth opened. She was holding a heavy belt. I am gonna be punished so bad, this is gonna hurt so bad. I should have told her about it but I will rather be punished. I saw Lauren once and that's all I ever wished for. Suddenly, I felt a painful smack and I almost screamed from this pain. I felt blood coming down my back but I deserved this.

"You never learn, right Alec? Now, I am gonna hit you with ten more smacks and hopefully, after this suffering, you will learn how to behave properly." 10 smacks? She wants me to die from bleeding or what? How cruel can my mom be, she has no heart! I decided to stand against her and fight. I was about to escape from her arms but she pulled me back and tied up my legs and hands. I was stuck that time, I couldn't even move. I was ready to die when I heard a shot.

"Police here! Hands up or we will shoot!" I felt so relieved when cops put handcuffs on her and took her far away from me. 

"OMG Alec! Are you okay?" Anna rushed into my room and helped me to untie the rope. 

"My back feels like on fire but I must suffer. I deserved this!"

"Don't say nonsenses! No one deserves to suffer! C'mon, I must take you to hospital, being wounded is not fun!" I nodded but I suddenly felt dizzy and after a few seconds, everything went black.

In hospital...

I woke up to see that I was laying on my side and I couldn't even move properly. I looked around more carefully to see my sister smiling at me.

"What happened? Why Am I in hospital?"

"Mum hurt you. You had several serious wounds on your back but luckily, doctors managed to cure it."

"Where is mum now? Why she isn't here?"

"You really want that beast to see you? She doesn't deserve us, Alec, she went to jail, that's what she always deserved! When I saw her beating you, I didn't hesitate any second and called the cops! I know that we sometimes don't get very well with each other but I couldn't imagine losing you forever. You are my sister and I will never want any other girl to be my sister."

"But where will we go when I leave this hospital?"

"We will stay at mum's house. I will take care of you, I am old enough to do that. I am 26 and at this age, most people have already their own kids, so don't worry."

"I don't deserve you, Anna."

"You do. And now, take a rest, you are still weak. I must go to buy something to eat, I will be right back." My sister left my hospital room and suddenly, everything here became so boring. I grabbed my phone and tried to text Lauren.

"I am hurt. It was mum. Please, help me, Lauren." I tried to sent this text to her.

"This number no longer exist." I read this text and groaned from frustration. What does this mean? I probably became annoying for her, so she changed her number on purpose. But why would Lauren hate me?