Chapter 5: I miss you

Lauren's POV

I was reading my psychology book when I heard someone knocking at my door. 

"Come in, it's open! Danielle? What's going on?" I asked when I saw my youngest sister standing next to my door.

"Uh, Lauren? Can I borrow your phone?"

"For what?"

"Mom took mine, so I am without phone for a while but I can't withstand without it. Please, I just wanna text Emmyn."

"No. My phone is my phone. You shouldn't have gotten mum angry and then she wouldn't have taken it from you."

"Please, Sugar."

"I said no and period!! Get the hell out from my room!" I felt bad for yelling at her but there wasn't any other way how to solve this.

"Okay, like you want." Dani turned and was about to leave when she suddenly faced me and attacked me.

"Dani! What the fuck? What are you doing?! Get out of me! Mom, dad, somebody please help me!"

"Your phone will be mine after this. I am stronger than you, pity."

"Give me my phone back or I will never ever help you again!" Me and Dani were fighting together when suddenly, I heard something hit the floor. I looked down on the floor to see my broken phone. I picked it up and tried to turn it on but it didn't react to anything.

"Danielle Nicole! See what you did!" I yelled and felt my blood boiling when I saw her smirking.

"I am sorry, Laur. But I am sure you have enough money to get another one." Dani just laughed.

"I will kill you one day!" I threw my boot on her but she managed to cover herself by shutting the door behind her. I screamed through my whole room but nobody even cared about me. I am the black sheep of this family, I always was. I wanted to text Alec so badly but now, instead of texting with my girl, I must go to buy a new card and new phone. I gave her my number once, after this, how would she believe that this new number I will have, is mine? I won't ever see her again, knowing this hurts so bad. What if something bad happened to her? Is she even alive? I should have been with her and protect her and I just left her and failed. I hate myself. I met her only once but I already hooked up to her so much. 

2 years ago...

Alec's POV

It's already two years since I met with Cimorelli for the first time but I didn't forget about it. I just can't, how can I? I see Lauren every night in my dreams and I miss her so much. I know that she forgot about me but I just can't move on from her. She changed her number and since then, I know almost nothing about her. I tried to send DMs on her Twitter and Insta but she never responded back. I know I should visit her but since mum is in jail, we don't have enough money. I was slowly losing hope to meet Cimorelli again and dating Lauren when I saw a great opportunity. They were organizing a contest about doing a party to one lucky fan. Of course I joined it and waited for the result. 

I woke up next day to beeping sound of my restless phone. I yawned and wiped my sleepy eyes before my eyes landed on that message. I couldn't believe my eyes. Cimorelli sisters just texted me that I won the contest and next monday I am gonna fly to Nashville. What? My birthday is next monday! I am sure that this is Lauren's work. Only she knew about that when I have birthday. I will meet them right on my birthday, this is not a dream! I squealed, loud enough to hear for Anna.

"What's going on here? Why are you so happy?"

"I am going to Nashville next monday, I won the birthday invitation!"

"Okay, wow. That pleases me but I was about to announce one more thing."

"What is that?"

"Look carefully." I looked around and saw a letter laying on my desk. I came closer and read : from Cimorelli to Alec. I grabbed my scissors and started cutting it so impatiently and quickly. Anna was laughing at me the whole time.

"I see that you are even willing to cut yourself when it comes to Cimorelli." My sister kept laughing. I just smirked at her and opened the letter. It was a response to my letter which I wrote to them like two months ago because right after the concert, Lauren gave me their address. There was written:

Dear Alec,

It was nice meeting you in Wien! We still can't forget it! We loved your country so much and we wanna come back one day! Thank you for showing us endless support, we appreciate you a lot! You are such a sweet girl! You wanted to know why we never talk about LGBTQ communities, well, it's because Lauren is bisexual and she wanted to keep as a secret. But since she likes someone, I thought it should be polite to let you know. Take care of yourself and don't forget that we all love you!

With love,

Kath xxx

After reading the whole letter, I immediately threw it away. Knowing that Lauren maybe likes me, made me speechless for a second.

"So? What was written in the letter? Why are you just standing there like a rock?" Anna interrupted my thoughts.

"L-Lauren...she li-" I couldn't even finish my sentence because my sister cut me off.

"What? Lauren likes you back? Of course, she does, I saw spark jumping between you two from the first time you saw each other."

"I don't know who but I hope that it is me. Won't you mind if I will start crying from happiness now? I missed her so much!" 

"Oh, you enamored one. What is Lauren doing with you?"