Chapter VIII - Comma

"Curtis?"

"Camie.. you're awake."

She noticed how his smile almost reached the ends of his mouth na tila ba matagal siyang nakatulog at ngayon lang nagising. Her mind went into a temporary plateau. She then wondered kung gaano siya katagal na walang malay.

"Ano'ng nangyari? How did I get here?"

"Let me just call the doctor first and I'll answer all your questions after."

She nodded as he proceeded on calling out the doctors. In her mind, she was trying to remember everything that happened before she even blacked out. Unfortunately, she could not remember anything. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"A comma? What do you mean a comma? Ga'no ba ako katagal na nawala?"

"You've been out for three months Camie."

"What?"

"Yes."

"Si Tristan? Where is he? Sina Sanya? I.... I can't remember anything after my black out. What... what happened to them?"

Nagbuntong-hininga si Curtis.

"Three days ago, Tristan went missing. No one could ever find him even the team that you hired."

"What?"

"We received no calls for any request of ransom or whatever. Up until now we all have no idea where he is but everyone is all hands on deck for his search."

"Oh God."

"Sanya on the other hand has been missing since the day we found you. It seems like she took Francis' bait. He offered an exchange. And she went for it. Your guys filled me in."

Napapikit siya sa mga narinig. Slowly she felt like she was about to lose it again. But her thoughts were hold off nang maramdaman niya ang pagbukas ng pinto.

"Mrs. Lagdameo, it's a good thing that you are awake."

She was an unfamiliar face.

"Sino ka?"

"Oh how rude of me. Lory by the way. I was Sanya's replacement as soon as she was gone. I was manning all of her responsibilities..."

"Temporarily" sabat ni Curtis.

Napairap si Lory kay Curtis.

"Anyways, I am here dahil may kailangan tayong pag-usapan."

"Lory, she just woke up."

"We'll Curtis dear we don't have a lot of time."

"What do you need from me?" she finally spoke.

"We have a problem. Given that Tristan is missing, the party needs someone who will be substituting him."

"Then look for a substitute."

"I am looking at her right now."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No I'm not."

"My husband is missing, not dead."

"The party cannot wait anymore. We need to find someone before we could print out his names in the official ballot."

"No. This just means you're giving up. "

"Tristan has been missing for 3 days Camie. We've launched a search party for him and made sure that we trace all the places he could have been to. But we have an election to win, and you're the only chance we have right now."