Chapter X - Make it To Me

She stood right outside the car while Curtis was watching her. She saw how he was sitting in front of the pond with his fishing hook. He was there all alone. Away from all the chaos. Right there and then, to her he was just a man.

Dahan-dahan siyang lumapit dito. She took off her shoes and sat beside him. Halatang tila nakalutang ito dahil ni hindi nito halos napansin ang paglapit niya.

As soon as she touched him, that was the only time he saw her.

"Camie..."

"I'm here now."

Mahigpit siya nitong niyakap. Those were one of the moments where she would just choose to be alone with him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know what else I could do. You were just laying there, unconscious and I was too scared. I don't know what else I could do so I... I just left."

"Tristan.. it's okay. I'm here now. I'm okay."

She allowed him to just hug her. Kahit nasasaktan na siya sa higpit ng yapos nito, hinayaan lamang niya dahil alam niyang 'yun ang kailangan nito ngayon.

The ruthless and cunning politician suddenly became a child longing for someone's love and touch.

They stayed on the isolated rest house for some time  She also asked Curtis to accompany both of them inside the rest house.

"Alam mong kailangan mong magpakitang muli sa kanila if you really want to win this election senator." Curtis was leaning on the front door. The business tycoon is inside a simple rest house and yet his aura still managed to lit up the room with charm and authority. When she came to think of it, she can answer her own question of why she got so hooked up with him before.

It was this very same attractiveness that caught her off guard way back. She's even wondering why she can't see him as someone she could be with.

"I know. I guess I just want to take a break from all of it. I.. I did a lot of bad things the moment I decided to run. Somehow para bang napapaisip ako if it's still worth it. When Camie was on a coma, I just couldn't seem to take it anymore. My world was falling apart. I just.. I can't afford to loose anyone important anymore in my life."

Camie looked at Curtis and through her look asked Curtis to excuse them.

Curtis slowly and silently excused himself. Camie stood up and kneel in front of Tristan. She held his hands and realized how cold it was.

"Tristan... this is not you. You are way better and stronger than this. I admire that about you. No matter the bad things, you're still human."

"Can we just leave? I can turn my back on all of this right now and just leave."

"We can. If that's what you really want. But I want you to really think about this. Maraming madadamay. Sanya for one is now caught up in all of this. If you leave, all of this will haunt us in the future and we would not want that. We have to think of everyone who will be caught up in our mess if we leave. Faith for one."

"So this will all still boil down to that man's love child, isn't it?"

"No. I am only telling you that we need to be strong and face all the consequences. You've done horrible things the same way that I did. I am not perfect and I don't tolerate murder but I am here. I am with you and willing to fight with you till the end of all this. Ang tanong lang ay kung sasamahan mo ako or should I just go on in this fight alone?"

Tristan lift up his head as if looking at the sky. And as though he is to surrender he looked at her and held her hands. 

"I'm sorry. I know that this is getting too complicated and very dangerous. If only I have known that you are different, sana hindi na kita dinawit pa sa lahat ng gulo sa buhay ko. I have learned to love you Camie and it will be because of my love for you that I will fight with you. I'm sorry for running away."

"It's alright. Habang nandito ako, I will be fighting with you in your battles."

"I'm glad that you are here. You always make it to me darling."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PRESS CON 

"I have been through so much in my life, and I want to thank all of my supporters for never giving up. I had cold feet seeing that my wife was in so much danger. But rest assured, now that I am here, I will never back down without a fight." Tristan reached out to her hands and stared at her with so much adoration. "Together, we will fight against corruption, against abuse, against all that this country would not want to suffer with. Bilang magiging senador, ipinapangako kong gagampanan ko ang tungkulin ko nang maayos, marangal at patas. Sama-sama tayo sa pagbabago!"

Kasabay niyon ay ang pag-angat nga magakadaop nilang mga kamay sa ere. She smiled as she saw how the people were cheering for his husband. To all of them, it was a simple campaign. But to her, it was a declaration of war. Tristan showed up and was alive. And now, he is becoming a threat to everyone in the party list. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MEANWHILE

"Nandito na po siya."

"Oh.. my dear wife." Savannah came in with two of her body guards. Frank gave out a hug to her. 

She smiled as she saw how happy he was to see her. As soon as she was in his arms, she slowly plunged the knife into the spot of his intestines and slowly turned the knife inside. 

"Goodbye Frank." kasabay niyon ay ang dalawang putok na umalingawngaw sa paligid. His bodyguards were now lifeless. Savannah took a deep breathe and hurriedly ran towards the dungeon that she knew he has. 

From that dark place, she automatically noticed her silhouette. She was sitting in a corner with her head bowed down. 

"Sanya.."

She slowly looked up. That was when she noticed that her face was filled with fresh blood and bruises. 

"Ano'ng ginawa nila sa'yo." she automatically hugged her sister as Sanya let out a cry as well. A cry of relief. She knows she's out of trouble now. 

"I'm here now. You're safe."