[ 10 | Teamwork ]

I'm terrible at writing action scenes I'm sorry
-----
Chapter 10 - Teamwork ◈
◈ Unedited ◈
-----

I'm terrible at writing action scenes I'm sorry----- ◈ Chapter 10 - Teamwork ◈◈ Unedited ◈-----

---

"Brooklyn is going to collapse. My family lives in Brooklyn."

---
"Now come on and help me defeat the bad guy. Together."

Wednesday - 9:21 pm | Earth-1610

You and Miles stood ready beside each other, with Kingpin just metres away from you. All three of you were standing on the side of a large skyscraper.

Kingpin smashes his fists onto the ground in front of him, causing a ripple effect of glass cracking towards you and Miles.

Kingpin suddenly pulled a gun out, making Miles jump up and shoot a web at it, pulling it from his grasp, "Nope. Sorry, that's cheating!" He swung it in your direction and holding it briefly, you leaked acid from your hands and disintegrated it.

A large incoming subway train heads in your direction and you tug yourself into it with a web, with Miles and Kingpin following, Miles exclaiming, "Adios!"

With Kingpin in the middle and you and Miles on either side of the train, Kingpin kicks his foot back to try to hit you, but you aim a string of web fluid and pull it towards you, causing him to fall towards Miles.

Somehow, Kingpin grabs a hold of him and begins throwing hit after hit which triggered your teammate to flicker inconsistently between visibility and invisibility, aiming to dodge all of his attacks.

Miles is clearly trying to spark his venom strike but nothing is working, and the two of you were running out of time. He was on the floor of the moving train but was having trouble getting up, even though it was after one hard hit from Kingpin.

Your eyes widened as you realised that Kingpin had his hands raised high over his head, ready to smash down on your best friend.

Miles was already knocked down so badly so you did what you could - you jumped in front of him. It wasn't very much an act of impulsivity to take the hit for him as it was to be courageous.

Rather, you had done this because it felt like it needed to be done. You shielded your arms up and held Kingpin's wrists in the air with trembling hands, firmly keeping them over your head to prevent his fists from crashing down on you or Miles.

"Grr-hmph!" You grunted as he pressed more pressure on your arms, making your feet slide backwards in small streaks at a time.