Chapter 3

Song for this chapter: prayer in C -robin Schulz and LILLYWOOD

Today is Saturday, yes weekend. I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping.

*i'm coming :) see u in 1 hour."

****

It was packed. With all my brothers, mum, dad the whole lot, I was squished between Jack and Riley occasionally getting bumped by one of them. It took us 20 minuets to get there (longest 20 minuets of my life) after finding a car spot and setting up it was 11am I grabbed Riley by the arm and sprinted down to the water, it was cold but refreshing.

I got Riley without warning and splashed him in the face, mouth open, everything. His reaction was the best!

Soon after my bros joined, Jake hired paddle boards for us, Riley being the total Goof that he is,dropped the paddle and it sank down to the bottom of god knows where, I'm just saying he lost it. The paddle cost $150 *shit.

Dad got us fish and chips, stupid because we were just swimming with them, Unlike my brothers I was satisfied with an apple.

After about 3 hours Riley wanted to take me somewhere,

"Come on jo, it'll be fun. trust me!"

"Haha heard those words before."

Last time I heard 'trust me' leave Riley's mouth was in 6th grade when we were working on a school trust exercise, he dropped me, TWICE!!!!

"I swear to god you will love it."

He grabbed my hand and began to walk to the rocks, ROCK POOLS I loved them because you never know what your gonna find. My eyes lit up seeing how many there were, I kelt down next to one and looked into it. Riley started pointing at different sea creatures and coral but I focused on this amazing shell, it was awesome.

"Hey Riley look at this!"

He ran over and squatted next to me,

"What?"

"What do you mean what? Look at this shell, isn't it beautiful?"

"It's like you."

I blushed at his words turning a bright red, he grabbed the shell form the water.

"Here take it,"

"Thanks but I have an idea, wait here"

I ran back to the place where we settled our stuff, dad was getting sunburnt and mum was reading a magazine, my brothers were still looking for the paddle hoping to get back the lost money. Haha good luck! I reached into my bag and grabbed a black marker then ran back to Riley, I dried the shell and wrote 'Riley + Jo = <3' then tossed it back into the ocean.

"That is something that should be at the bottom of the ocean not that stupid paddle" I said giggling.

Riley and I walked back to the beach and went back into the water, splashing around, having fun. When Riley slips on god knows what and falls face first into the water, it sounded painful.

"You are a classic!" I say laughing

"Haha very funny" Riley sarcastically replies back rubbing his cheek.

"Jo, Riley were going!" Jamie shouts.

"Race you there." I begin to paddle when he grabs my foot and pulls me back to him so we are acing each other,

"Jo, I-I lov..."

"COME ON!!!! WE WILL LEAVE WITHOUT YOU!!!!" Jamie practically screams rudely interrupting Riley.

"Sorry, what?" I ask

"Oh n-nothing." and he swam back to shore.

There was an awkward silence between us for the rest if the ride home, apart form the boys singing.