Chapter 12

Watching the paramedics take Riley's limp body to the ambulance was one if the hardest things i ever had to see, him laying there, watching his belly slowly rise than fall. whilst I grip onto his hand an squeeze tight, was he really that far gone?
*****
I soon grew tired of his heart monitor continuously beeping, signalling Riley was alive. just. the doctor said if he had just one more pill, it would have ended.

He has more scares on his arm than I could ever count. sad but true.
No one should ever have to go through something like this, kids, adults.
No one. After calling his parents and mine, I slumped down in to the chair next to him plugging in my head phones and listening to music. slowly tapping my foot on the cold floor, it has been 6 hours since I found Riley and he hasn't moved.

Doctors and nurses walked in And out of the room, occasionally checking on him. I dozed off and fell into deep thought, school, homework, my friend, so many thoughts rushing through my head I didn't even realise Riley's hand squeezed back only a little. but it meant he was soon to awaken, turning off my music and pulling the chair closer to his bed. Riley began to slowly open his eyes, and shuffle around under the thin layer of blankets keeping him warm.

"I'm sorry" he spoke in a quiet, and groggy voice.
My eyes began to well up with tears both joy and sadness.

"Me too"

His eyes fluttered closed and loosened his grip on my hand ever so slightly.

"Riley? Was it really that bad? So
suicide was your only option?" I ask.

He turned his head and looked at me, tears in his eyes too.

"No, but it was the easiest." he sighed.

"Riley do you have any idea how badly that would have effected me and your family? Please Riley promise you'll never do it again, for me."

"Promises are meant to be broken."

"No Riley, promises mean everything but once broken Sorry means nothing."

"Touché"

"Doof"
*****
*Beep beep

Unknown number: how is he?

Me: doing ok, who is this again?

Unknown number: Dylan, ring a
bell?!?!

Me: oh yea right, got it

Dylan: so I was wondering if u
wanted 2 go see a movie later?

Me: umm...yea sure. But maybe nxt week, k?

Dylan: sweet, it's a date. Bye

Me: what?!?!?

Delivered.