Chapter 6

Songs for this chapter: dreamers-hopium feat. (Phoebe Lou)

Last night i didn't sleep well, I just kept thinking of Riley.
I feel so bad
I mean he is my best friend and I lied to him. Well when we were little we all lied to each other but this time was different.

I woke up sick today so I didn't go to school, I stayed home and studied (stuDIED)
I was alone for most of the day, it was so boring. I went to go call Riley but didn't...

To around 3pm the high school bell rang warning me that Riley and my Brothers will be coming home, it was so peaceful. Too peaceful. I hate being sick, not as much as missing my best friend.

I heard the front door open and the loud thumping of my brothers,

"JO! Someone's here to see you!" Jake shouts.

I quickly put my hair up into a messy bun and walked down the stairs, at the front door stood Riley staring at me, I looked deep into his eyes and saw anger and hurt. I Bolted Upstairs locking myself in my room.

My phone beeped.
*you can't hide up there forever!*

I heard the front door close and I ran straight for my window, Riley stood on my front lawn looking at me, like he was waiting for something. I opened the window and stuck my head out.

"Look, Riley I-I didn't mea..."

"SAVE IT, I don't care anymore."

"But..."

"JO! I told you, I. Don't. Care."

He began to walk back to his house, I Sprinted down stairs and out the door then ran up to Riley.

"Stop! Please. I'm sorry. Why are you ignoring me?"

He didn't say anything he just pushed past me and continued to walk,

"RILEY, Riley stop!" I grabbed his arm but he just pulled it away and kept walking.

"So much for being a friend." I turned around and started walking back.

"So much for being a friend? Friends don't lie to each other! Friends tell each other everything!
Friends take care of one another, Jo. Your not my friend." He viciously shouted hurt and anger in his tone.

I could feel the tears well up in my eyes as I held them back, his words hit me like a big yellow school bus.
It hurt more than expected,

"Riley, I am your friend."

"No, your not. Listen Jo I have, feelings for you. I-I think I'm i-in love with you, but you don't love me back. It hurt, ok it hurt a lot."

"Riley, I..."

"Shut it! I don't care anymore. Just leave me alone." Riley left, he left me. Slamming his front door behind him.

I just lost my best friend, my only friend.

He's gone.