The Big Jump.

She stood there, above the violent night ocean, gripping onto the railings, leaning over slightly to get a better view at where she would be in the next few moments. The waves crashed vigorously against the boats propellers, so violently that not even the ocean's wildlife would swim beside it.

Rose DeWitt Bukater felt her heart pound in her chest, no longer knowing if she wanted this as her fate. It wasn't a quick decision that she'd made on the spot. Rose had been considering this since the moment since she had found out that she'd be travelling on the Titanic. Her eyes were blurry and her throat ached every time she tried to swallow due to the tears she'd just let slide down her powdered cheeks.

Just as she was about to let go, she heared a voice..."Don't do it...." it was a male's voice, that was clear. Not native Maybe American, but it seemed to have a slight shake to it as if this mysterious man was worried.

She craned her neck over her shoulder and saw a man...maybe he was even too young to be described as that. A boy then maybe? Scanning his looks, she decided he was around twenty years old at most. She tightened her posture now. "Stay back, don't come any closer!" She called, her voice sounding pathetically weak. The boy saw the tear track, stained down her cheeks. He let out a cold breath, a little smoke leaving his mouth caused by his cigarette. He stepped forward showing her his cigarette, which he threw over the side so she wouldn't think he was trying anything.

"Take my hand, I'll pull you back in" he said calmly, reaching out his hand towards her.

"No! Stay where you are. I mean it. I'll let go." She warned, looking back out at the Black Sea. He looked at her, his forehead creased.

"No you won't..." it was plain obvious to him that if she was going to let go,then she would've done it already.

Rose snapped her head back around, her lips twitching in disbelief. No one had ever objected against her before. "What do you mean no I won't? Don't presume to tell me what I will and will not do. You don't know me." She hissed, harshley.

"Well you would've done it already..." he shrugged, coming closer now.

She shifted away "Your distracting me, go away!" Rose turned away.

Now the boy shook his head " I can't...I'm involved now....if you let go I'm gonna have to jump in after you." He said,removing his thin, brown jacket.

She shook her head, this didn't even concern the boy and yet he seemed so desperate to help her,unlike anyone else that she knew, who didn't seem even the slightest bit concerned as to where she was right then. "Don't be absurd!" She exclaimed in an abrupt manner "You'd be killed!"

Now he had gotten closer, throwing his jacket down on a deck chair that was beside them. "I'm a good swimmer," he stated, starting to undo his left shoe.

"The fall alone would kill you."

"It would hurt. I'm not saying it wouldn't. To be honest I'm a lot more concerned about that water being so cold." He said, pointing to the water in hope this would make her realise what she was doing.

Yet again, she looked down at the water under her,a tinge of regret shaping in her stomach. "H-How cold....?"

He walked over and took a short look at the water before facing her "Freezing, maybe a couple of degrees over." He suggested, unlacing his right shoe. He needed to change her mind, get her to Think negatively about this jump...maybe then she might trust him and allow him to help her back over. "Ever been to wisconsin?"

Rose crinkled her forehead in disbelief, she was stuck on the back of a boat, about to jump and he was asking if she'd ever been to Wisconsin.

"No." She replied sternly.

"Well they have some of the coldest winters around, and I -" he started but she cut him off.

"Hush! I need to focus on how I'm going to do this. Frankly I'm thankful that your trying to help but it won't work, I've made up my mind..." she mumbled.

He sighed "Listen miss, all I'm saying is that I really don't think you should do this...once your down there....I'm certain you'll regret it...please just let me help you back over" he said, now becoming desperate.

She turned to look at him "I'm sorry sir....."

The boy, whose name she had not learnt yet, frowned and stepped forward. If she wasn't going to let him help her,then he'd just have to force her. "What about your family, Won't they miss you?"

"Of course not...they'd take it purely as an unfortunate event."

"I-I'm sure they wouldn't....they're your family, they love yo-"

"Don't act like you understand me! We-We've never even met before. Leave now. I command you."

The boy knew he couldn't leave....it wasn't the first time he would be witnessing death if he let her go and it wasn't a fun thing to see. No one is ever dead...until the ripples they caused in the earth are gone...he wondered how long hers  would last?

Rose looked down at the water, before closing her eyes...nothing he said would make up for how she was feeling...how she would always feel. With Cal and her mother....and spending the rest of her life being someone she didn't want to be. Her soul was gone...lifeless. It was only her outta body left, which left her feeling weak and vulnerable. She hated having to always pretend that she was fine when all she wanted to do was sit there and cry. She just wanted to let go of her feelings, not wake up every morning feeling numb from last nights crying and now she had the chance to do that. A single tear dropped off her pale white cheek, landing into the dark water below and being dragged away with the flow. It was only a few seconds after seeing that, that Rose DeWitt Bukater closed her eyes and slowly but surely undid her grip on the rails...