Chapter 5 : A Simple favor

How Anna looks like after 10 years. (forgot to post the picture in last chapter)

The day started with a cool morning and Anna thank God that her grandmother's house was equipped with hot water or she would freeze

The day started with a cool morning and Anna thank God that her grandmother's house was equipped with hot water or she would freeze. As soon as she finish freshen up, she quickly wore her skinny jeans and plain shirt, adorned with thick coat to keep her warm in the cold weather. As she stares at herself at the mirror, she was nervous as what the day would bring to her. She had an important thing to do this morning and she pray to God everything would turn out great.

When she walks down to the kitchen, she sees Abigail currently bringing food on the table where her grandma was sitting down, staring in front of her without an ounce of emotion. Anna sighed but still put up a smile and sat next to her grandmother. Abigail smiled at her and says,

"Good morning miss Anna. It's wonderful to have you joining us this morning for some breakfast. I've made tons of food for us since you're here."

"Thank you, Abigail. Everything looks amazing. Don't you think so grandma?" Anna turn to face her grandmother with a smile on her face yet there wasn't a sign of emotion replies her.

"Let her be, Anna. Esme here never really like morning. Always a grumpy one, if I may say. Perhaps a day outside might brighten her up." Abigail replied Anna.

Anna sighed and start to fill her plates with toasted bread, scrambled eggs, bacons and sausage. Everything smells wonderful and as easy it was placed on her plates, it quickly disappears with every bites she took and she was full.

A moment later, "You sure look like you're hungry, Anna. Thank God I made more since you are such a tiny thing."

"Not sure if I'm that tiny but thanks. I guess I just missed dinner last night. I was really tired and jet lagged from the flight. Everything is amazing and I'm not saying it just because you spend more time making it for me."

"My pleasure sweetheart. Not a big deal after all. Besides, you have to make sure you take care of yourself, now. No one is getting starved or thinner under my watch, yeah? You can ask Esme here how she always tries to keep her lips tight when I first try to feed her but I'm not the type to quit so easily. Now look how fat she became now." 

Abigail giggled while feeding Anna's grandmother spoons of oats that she slowly takes. Her eyes rolled slowly, trying to show them that Abigail witty remarks doesn't entertain her well but it only makes Abigail and Anna smiles laugh even more.

"So, sweetheart Where are you going later on? Are you joining me and Esme strolling the park? It's a bit windy here but it beats sitting here all day long."

"Oh, I would love to but I planned to go to the Heelshire's Mansion. It's been 10 years since I last...visit. I was hoping to see Mr. George and Mrs. Celine." Anna says in a low voice.