12

Y/N POV

Sub reveals a secret passage behind a painting. Astonished, I simply say,

"Woah..,"

We head inside and abruptly stop.

"Corl!" Denis exclaims before I get a chance to.

Slowly, he turns around. His eyes, which were once a beautiful hue of blue are now black. His lips curl into a creepy smile as his head slowly tilts.

We frantically dash out of the room, with Denis and Sub heading out first, trying to hold on to me so that Corl wouldn't grab me since I was at the back.

Suddenly, hands grab them from the end of the tunnel. I escape the tunnel and try to grab them from Alex and Elijah's arms.

"Save... yourself!" Denis says, gasping for air as Alex holds him by the neck, restraining him from movement and breath.

"Y-You're the only one who c-can... end this madness!" He finishes.

Trying to hold back tears, I hesitate for a moment, looking at Denis and Sub for a final time before I flee from them. I slowly back up and then start running away as Corl runs out of the tunnel, chasing after me. 

I'm more terrified than I've ever been in my life, but now is not the time to respond to fear. I run so fast that the air against my face blows the tears right off of it.

I look back. Once I see that Corl has a decent distance from me, I get closer to the right side of the wall. Once I reach another path, I quickly turn the corner to the right of me. I stay against the wall, trying not to breathe so heavy.

Corl catches up. Once he gets closer, I become terrified. What if he hears my breathing? What if he saw me turn the corner?

Tears stream down my face as adrenaline pumps through my veins. I silently clap a hand over my mouth to silence my breathing.

He's slowing down and is only about 2 feet away from the corner now. I close my eyes as my hand is barely able to conceal the noise of my breathing.

Everything seems to go in slow motion. His footsteps are becoming so slow that I can hear every inch of his shoe touch the floor.

Thunk

...

Thunk

...

Thunk