Lost

Ash opened his eyes, and he tried to get up. He came to his knees, and he threw up. He thought to himself, "must be a concussion." He got to his feet, and looked around. He was inside of the mine. The walls were cracked and starting to crumble; an old lantern was hanging. The air was dusty, but not unbearable. Light was shining through the hole in the ceiling, and through the cracks in the wood in the entrance. He stumbled over to the entrance. Not only was it boarded up with wood on the outside, it was also barred with metal on the inside. There was no way he was getting out through there. He turned and looked behind him. There was a small old table. He opened the drawer in it, and inside, there was a knife, a a small box of matches, and a candle. He walked over to the wall, where the old lantern was hanging. He grabbed it off the wall, and brought it over to the table. He opened the box of matches, and struck one against the box. He lit the candle, and put it in the lantern. "Sweet," he thought, "I got some light." He started to walk away from the table, when he heard Kiera's voice from the other side of the wooden barrier. "Ash?" She asked, "are you there?" Ash walked over to the barrier, and replied, "yeah, I'm here." He heard a sigh of relief, then Kiera started talking again, "I'm so sorry Ash, I never should've brought you up here." Ash tried to comfort her. "Don't beat yourself up, I'm the one who tripped on the rock." He couldn't help but giggle at that, and she started laughing as well, before she got serious again. "I'll go get help, Ash." She said. "Alright," ash responded, "I might have a little look around." "Okay, I'll see you in a bit." She replied, then Ash heard her footsteps running away from the barrier. He turned, and started to walk into the mine. He came to the beginning of a track, and he saw an old minecart overturned near it. He kept walking down the hill, and looked at the walls, there were wooden supports, starting to decay away. Ash though back to the hotel clerk, and the story of the old Native American spirits. He shook that thought out of his head. He kept walking. The farther he walked, the creepier the mine became. It seemed a lot deeper than it did in the story. There were cobwebs all over the place. He hated spiders. The mincart track came to an end abruptly, and he looked past and realized why: the tracks had collapsed over a cliff. He found a small rock, and threw it down. A few seconds later, he heard a splash. "So there's water down there." He thought. He looked to his left, and saw a small boarded up hole. He went over, and tried to pull the boards off. They came off a lot easier than he expected. He crawled inside. He shined his lantern around, and he almost screamed. There were skeletons, everywhere. Some wearing Native animal skin clothes, and one with a feather headdress. He thought solemnly, "The story... it's true..."