Breakdown

Ash's parents woke up a few minutes after Kiera left. His father left to go find a gas station, and Ash sat thinking about Kiera. "We're going to be leaving, and she was so happy to finally have someone to talk to..." his thoughts were interrupted by his father walking back into the hotel. "There's no gas station in the town, and the nearest one is 20 miles away." His mother asked, "well how do we get gas?" Ash's father said, " we could call someone, there's a mechanic in the next town over, he might be able to bring some gas." Ash's father called the mechanic, and he said he would be over as soon as he could. He got there a few hours later, with some gas. He checked out the rest of their car, and turned to ash's parents. "Turns out" He began, "that your car has a busted radiator. I could put some sealer on it, or I could take it back to my shop and fix it up." Ash's mother piped up, and said, " I would rather we get it fixed completely."  Ash's father agreed , and the mechanic called in a tow truck, to take their car over to the next town. Ash's parents went to go get something for them to eat, and they told Ash to wait at the hotel. The clerk was still nowhere to be found. There was a piano in the lobby of the hotel, so Ash went and sat down at it. He began to play. His parents had put him in piano lessons, but it did little for him. He played by ear. He could listen to a song, then play it right after. His parents and grandparents said it was a gift from god. Everyone else thought he was a slacker. His parents came back a little while later with some sandwiches from the store. As he ate, he wondered if he'd see Kiera again...