Photographs Can't Capture Our Magic

It was mid afternoon on a Saturday and Whizzer was alone in his studio - one of his favourite places to be. Even if he was working, the bright lights and unorganised camera equipment gave him comfort, as well as something to focus on. The man was undeniably skilled in his craft. He had mastered the art of capturing the perfect moments in every situation. Whilst he loved going out with his camera and getting wildlife shots, he was best at portraits. Day in and day out, families came to his door to be photographed by the infamous Whizzer Brown. In fact, he had a booking for a family of three that was meant to start five minutes ago. Just as he was about to check his watch, the doorbell rang, and Whizzer strolled over to the door to answer it.

He was met by a rather distressed looking middle aged woman, carrying two large bags with her, a set of car keys and a coffee. "Hi, I'm so sorry..." she spoke quickly "could you hold onto these bags for me? We'll be inside in just a second, my husband is just trying to get my son out of the car." Whizzer gave a puzzled glance but took the bags from the woman, as he feared she might start crying if he didn't. "Thank you so much, I'm sorry..." she quickly spoke before rushing back to her car. "MARVIN FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE COULD YOU GET JASON TO STOP CRYING!" Whizzer overheard the woman scream, and he chuckled to himself. He waited in the porch whilst the mother sorted out her sobbing child.

A few minutes later, Whizzer was once again greeted by the woman. With her this time though, was a small, red-faced child - about five years old - and a man with beautiful brown hair. Whizzer had to keep himself from gasping as he admired the man's body, before quickly remembering that this man was married and paying him to photograph their family. "Sorry about all the fuss," the handsome man spoke softly, "we had a bit of a situation with Jason here." He patted Jason on the shoulder and Whizzer smiled. "It's not a problem. You must be Marvin and Trina? I'm Whizzer Brown." The parents nodded and shook the photographer's hand. Whizzer tried to keep himself together as Marvin's hand gripped onto his, reminding himself again in his head that Marvin was a married man. Once he had cooled himself down, he led the family to his studio.

"Gosh, Mr Brown, this is a gorgeous studio." Marvin remarked as he admired the place. Whizzer couldn't help but smile at Marvin's formal manner. "Well, thank you. And please, call me Whizzer." The two men locked eyes for a second, before quickly looking away as Trina and Jason walked in. "Wow, Jason, look at this!" Trina cooed to her son, desperately trying to get him out of his terrible mood. "Are you excited to get your photos taken?" Jason shook his head grumpily and folded his arms. Whizzer smiled. "Don't worry Jason, you'll be smiling in no time. There's nothing to be scared of in this studio. It's all fun, okay?" Jason unfolded his arms and nodded meekly. "Right!" Whizzer beamed. "Let's get to work, shall we?"

Numerous photos were taken of the family. As talented as Whizzer was, he had to admit that he struggled to get decent photos with Jason fidgeting every five seconds. He tried not to lose focus, but his eyes kept wandering over to Marvin's attractive face and he would mess up the shot. After a while, Jason grew tired and Trina wasn't sure how much longer she could cope with him. "I'm so sorry Whizzer," she started "but I have to go outside to feed him. He's going to be a nightmare otherwise. Could you just get some shots of Marvin while you wait?" Whizzer nodded. "Sure thing! No problem at all. Go get some food in that boy!" Trina thanked him and rushed out with the child.

"So..." Whizzer began awkwardly. He was alarmed at how shy he became around Marvin. "So...?" Marvin responded.
"Should I...get some shots of you? O-only because your wife suggested it." Marvin nodded. "Yeah, sure." Whizzer made his way over to Marvin to position him for the photos. "Okay, so just put your hands right here" he said, placing Marvin's hands by his sides. Marvin blushed at the touch of the photographer's skin. He liked the feel of his hands on top of his. Alarms immediately went off in Marvin's head, as he pretended he never thought that at all.

Once Marvin was positioned, Whizzer got behind the camera. "Okay love, smile for me." Marvin grinned at the use of the word 'love' and looked down a bit. "Move your head up a bit?" Whizzer instructed. Marvin looked up at Whizzer and smiled. He didn't even realise he was doing it until the photographer snapped the shot. "Perfect, that's great..." Whizzer mumbled. "You're very photogenic, Marvin." The shorter man blushed. He loved the way the photographer said his name. "Uh, t-thanks. So are you?" Marvin cringed to himself once the words came out of his mouth, but Whizzer just laughed. "Thank you sweetie". Marvin wasn't used to being called pet names, but couldn't deny that he enjoyed Whizzer's use of them.

"C-could I get your number?" Marvin quickly blurted out. "Y-your...business card, I mean. So I can...get more photographs from you." Whizzer blushed himself as he watched Marvin go red in the face. He smirked to himself as he realised that Marvin wasn't as straight as he previously thought. He silently walked over to his desk and picked up a card, before handing it to Marvin. "You should call me" Whizzer responded. "For business purposes, of course." He gave a wink, before turning around. Just as he did, Trina and Jason walked back into the room.

Whizzer couldn't stop himself from chuckling as Trina went to kiss her husband, who looked very uncomfortable and embarrassed. Whizzer snapped a quick photograph, perfectly capturing the timid look on Marvin's face. "That's perfect" Whizzer said, to which Trina smiled. Marvin did not look so impressed. Whizzer smiled to himself. He walked over to Marvin when Trina wasn't watching, with a cheeky grin on his face. "Maybe try standing a little straighter next time, Marvin."

A/N: Hello! Long time no see! Sorry it's been so long, I've been struggling to find motivation recently. And sorry this chapter is so crap :/ the idea sounded good in my head but I didn't execute it that well. I'm posting it anyway though, because it's been so long since I've updated this fic. If you have any suggestions for future chapters, please let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

ASLO - Thank you all for 3k reads! That's so cool! You're all so supportive and I really appreciate it. Hope you're all well :)