Chapter 67

On the walk over to the Drunken Skag, Horace asked me and Nova a few more questions about ethridium. Nova answered most of his questions, but I was able to chime in every now and then.

-N- You did fairly well, bro. You actually weren't wrong when it came to the short blubs you said after I answered your adviser's questions.

-H- Woo! I'm amazed I actually knew what I was talking about!

-N- Wow...

-H- Moving on, when we reached the Skag, everyone bought lunch and went to our designated table while I went to the bar and talked to Warren as he idly cleaned plates and mugs.

"Well, well, look who's here." Warren began cheerfully as we shook hands, "Nice to see you here Hel. Are you going to be off on another mission soon?"

I nodded, "Aye. Tomorrow, my team and I are going north to deal with a problem in Frostmourne Hallows."

He cringed, "Yeesh...that'll be quite a fun mission, won't it?"

I sighed, "Tell me about it. I may have to buy winter gear from the marketplace before we leave. As far as I know, it's always winter in the Hallows."

Warren nodded, "Unfortunately, you're not far off the truth. From what I've heard from travelers who've come from the Hallows, frostbite's a very real-and very dangerous thing when you travel that far north. If you value all twenty of your digits, then buy proper winter gear before you leave-especially for the little one if you're bringing her along."

I looked at Sylvia and sighed. It was enough to ask her to sit out on the last mission, so I don't think she'd want to sit out on this one as well.

"Yeah...I'll get to that in a minute." I told him, "Well, wish me luck Warren."

He grinned, "I hope you come back home with ten fingers and ten toes, Helix."

I snorted as I started walking away from the bar and headed toward my table, "That makes two of us."

My bestial spirit laughed. "You brought this upon yourself."

"No need to remind me..." I grumbled.

When I got to my team's designated table at the back of the tavern, I watched Ana as she devoured Dorrian's food.

"Egad woman." Dorrian grumbled, "Are you really that hungry?"

"Yes," She replied without hesitation, "Yes I am."

My dear old friend laid his head on the table and sighed deeply.

"Ana laughed, "Hey, don't worry Dorrian. I'll get you another bowl of food."

"Yeah, and you'll eat that too," He retorted, lifting his head off the table to glare at her irritably.

Ana returned his glare with an innocent smile, which caused everyone to laugh.

"You know, this is kind of your fault, Dorrian." Ben mused, a faint smile on his lips, "You were crazy enough to fall for the psycho in the group."

He shrugged, "Eh, it could be worse."

"Is that a challenge?" Ana chimed in pleasantly.

"No-no it isn't!" He shouted.

She chuckled, "Ah, this never gets old."

Luna rolled her eyes, then smiled when I sat beside her.

"Hey love." She began in greeting, "What's up?"

I grinned, "Nothing much. I'm just trying to come up with a plan tomorrow for when we travel to Frostmourne Hallows. Our first order of business is to pay a visit to the marketplace so we can get heavy jackets, gloves, boots, and other pieces of equipment that'll protect us from the elements when we arrive in the Hallows."