Chapter 110

With a simple thought and a whole lot of concentration, I blinked my team to the high elven city of Rona.

First thing's first: Rona is impressive for a city. Secondly: these schatten wächters really suck at remodeling.

My team popped up in the charred shell of a demolished building, and I gawked at just how much destruction surrounded us.

"Holy shit," I murmured, "I didn't know these fuckers had artillery."

Two schatten wächters entered the building we were in, and they were both reduced to dust as Nova squeezed the trigger of her scattershot rifle.

"Hey, those were mine," Analise complained.

My sis shot her a shit-eating grin: "I got them first, so ha."

Alright," I cut them off, "First order of business is to find any survivors and to assist them in any way. Everyone should split up into groups of four-well, there will be one group of five, but I digress."

Everyone nodded, and I left the battered building with Luna, Sylvia, Ana and Dorrian by my side. As we began to traverse the devastated city of Rona, I realized that this city had seen better days: what was once a beautiful and prosperous city was now a graveyard of blown up and burnt buildings. Luckily for us, the assault on this city had seemingly dialed down since we encountered very little opposition

I was surprised this city was under Matilda's jurisdiction: it was nowhere near the enchanted forests that indicate you're in wood elven territory. Eh, it must be a border city or something.

As my group continued to traverse the ruined streets of Rona and periodically hid behind cover, I found it increasingly difficult to sense the auras of any living beings in this city.

"Are you sensing any living beings near our location?" I asked Luna as we ducked into a building that was mostly intact.

She frowned thoughtfully: "Um...kind of. This whole city seems to be...muddied. I don't know how to explain...it's just...difficult to tell if anyone's still alive in this city."

I nodded, then created two messenger orbs: one purple and one gold.

"You guys hear me?" I asked into the orbs.

"Loud and clear, my bro," Nova replied cheerfully.

"Yes, I hear you Helix," Serafine confirmed.

I nodded, "Good. Who's in your team Nova?"

"Um...Erron, Horace, and Stan Pines."

"Excuse me?" Stanford demanded.

I chuckled, "What about you Serafine? Who's in your team?"

"Benjamin, Seon, and Miras."

"Good, that's everyone. Keep in touch with me and report in when you find something."

"What are we looking for exactly?" Nova inquired.

"Anything: survivors, consumables like food and water, spare weapons, medical supplies, or anything else that'll help us repel these damn schatten wächters."

"Got it," She replied.

"Where should we start looking?" Dorrian asked me, "This city is huge."

"Let's scour this area for now," I told him, "We should search every block we walk by: it'll take a while, but we won't miss anything by searching extensively. I also have the feeling we won't be having any unexpected visitors for a few hours, so it'll be safe for us to search the city."