Part 9

Sasha's point of view

I parked outside my family house and turned to face Vanessa. She was looking confused. I chuckled at that. I had told Laila that I was coming with someone so she should include us in today's lunch. My mother was also informed.

"Where are we?",she asks curiously. She didn't sound disgusted by the fact that this house was way smaller than where she lived. I liked that. She was humble.

" My sister Laila and my mother are the ones occupying this house at the moment"

Her eyes widened in shock,"your mother? You mean you brought me to your house?",she started to panic.

"Relax. She's actually quite chilled. So is Laila and besides. She does make the best fried chicken in America"

"Oh please. I know a restaurant that makes the best fried chicken"

"$20 that this will be the best fried chicken you'll ever have"

She smirked challengingly at me,"$20?"

"$20",I confirmed and she nodded

"Deal"

We both stepped out of the car and she came to my side. I intertwined our hands together as we made our way to the front of the house. She squeezed my hand making me look down at her. She smiled at me with her gorgeous smile and I couldn't help but to smile back and kiss the back of her hand.

I didn't knock I opened the door and let Vanessa in,"hellooo?",I call out. Vanessa was looking around the house. Observing it and she started walking around admiring the furniture, even though it was old we still kept it looking fresh. Laila then stepped out and when she saw me,she squealed jumping on me,attacking me with a hug.

I laughed a bit hugging my little sister,"Sasha finally!",she exclaimed hopping down.

"How are you lil sis?",I ask shoving her slightly.

"I'm great. Very Happy actually.",she turned around saw Vanessa watching us. She widened her eyes then looked back at me knowingly. I knew that look. She smiled walking to Vanessa.

"Hey! I'm Laila,you must be Vanessa right?",she asks hugging her as Vanessa hugged her back.

"Yes I am. It's a pleasure to meet you Laila", Vanessa said kindly.

"I've heard a lot about you from Sasha. And thank you for the gift by the way",she looked at me naughtily and I clenched my jaw. Urg! This kid. Vanessa looked amused. She looked at me and I changed my facial expression to a more chilled one. She then turned back to Laila.

"Really? What did-"

I force a laugh cutting their conversation,"um so would you like to see my mother while Laila prepares our plates for us?",I hug her shoulder walking her towards my mothers room before they could talk more. Once we got to the room she stopped outside the door looking nervous.

"It's fine",I say to her and she nods walking in. My mother was laying idly on the bed with her eyes open halfway. Every time I see her this way my heart breaks. I got her the meds and they were going to pull her for sometime but I had to save up for more again. The only way she'll get better is if she goes to a well qualified doctor to treat her and I don't have the money for that.

I gulped the lump in my throat as our eyes met. I smiled a bit holding Vanessa's hand,"mom. This is Vanessa",I tell her and her eyes move to Vanessa. She tries to sit up and I rush to her side helping her. She coughs a bit covering her mouth with a cloth before looking up.

"Nice..",she cleared her throat,"nice to meet you girl",she laid back and began to drive off to sleep. I turned to Vanessa who looked shocked at the situation and I just rubbed her side.

"Let's go",I say walking her out and into the dining room. It wasn't the perfect dining room but it was our dining room. The table was already set and the smell of rice and fried chicken filled the air. I heard Vanessa's stomach grumble and I laughed slightly at that. Laila came into the picture holding a tray with juice. She placed it down and we sat down.

We talked during the meal. Vanessa and Laila happened to get along really well. They were basically just speaking to each other. I felt like a third wheel. Every now and then I'd just nod my head and say a few words but they spoke like they've known each other for ages. Like childhood friends. Vanessa admitted that it was the best fried chicken she'd had and slipped me my $20.

After lunch we helped Laila clean up and it was time for us to go. We said our goodbyes and we were already on the way back to the mansion,"are we going back to the mansion?",she asks me.

"Yep. I have to go pick up your mother and your father afterwards real soon",I tell her.

She whines,"but I love spending time with you"

"The feeling is mutual baby"

Silence.

She smirks at me and I wink,"you should call me that more often"

"What?" I asked pretending to be stupid.

"Baby. I love it when you say it",she whispers and used that tone of hers again. Have mercy on me,I was about to go crazy.

"Ok then..baby",I winked and she sighed heavily making me laugh. We got to the mansion and she stepped out going in. I checked my phone and Marcus the guy who I paid to monitor my few found company told me that over 200 people had paid for tonight's webinar and I felt overwhelmed and shocked.

My heart was beating fast. 200 people on the first webinar!? This was too overwhelming for me. I felt nervous. What if I screw up. What if the worst happens and I say some messed up shit. Urg!

I was disturbed by the alarm that reminded me to pick Mrs Thompson up. I got in the car and made my way to her. I picked her up and during the drive back to mansion my mind was blowing up with nervousness. I actually opened a company and now I'm scared to go through with it? This is crazy.

We stopped by the mansion and I opened the door for her to step out and she thanked me. I nodded and got back in to pick up Mr Thompson. He wasn't at work rather he was at a hotel with his side chick. His small house. Having a good time. He got into the car after giving a teenage lady dressed in basically nothing some hundred dollar bills and I drove him home.

When we got to the mansion he went in and I went to my room. I logged into the mansions WiFi and went on the channel that I was supposed to take the class from but I didn't start it. Holy shit the 200 people were already logged on and waiting. I was using my uncle's laptop and I was nervous. Really nervous. Fuck.

Can I really do this?

I walked around the room digging my hands in my hair. There was a knock at my door and I went over to open it. It was Vanessa. Thank god. I dragged her in and she looked at me worried and shocked. Boy was I glad to see her angelic face.

"Sasha what's wrong?",she asks me cupping my face examining me. I take in a deep breath and tell her everything I did behind the scenes. I concluded with the seminar that I'm supposed to hold right at this moment.

"You can do this. For your family. For you and I. For our future. Just relax. ",She said calmly as she pressed her soft lips against mine. I felt my tense body relax as I kissed her back. I never got tired of her lips. She made me feel at ease and calm. She motivated me. She pulled away a bit looking me dead in my eyes with her sexy, seductive brown eyes,"all you have to do is teach them and answer their questions. Which you already know. You're a boss.",she says sternly.

I feel wave of courage and confidence wash over me.

I'm a boss.

For my family.

For our future together.

I got this.

I smirk and nod. I walk over to the laptop on the desk in this room and sit. Vanessa sits on the bed and watches me but she isn't visible on the camera. I take in a deep breath and start the lesson.