Chapter 1

(Wanda PoV)

I was sitting in my bedroom, in the new Avengers Compound. Me, Natasha, Steve and Sam had all come back from Nigeria after the disaster that was our Avengers Op in Lagos.

It was my fault... these powers - I don't have proper control over them. I shouldn't have to drag down the rest of the team with me because of my mistake.

Watching the news broadcast made me feel responsible for the devastation and it helped me to come to terms with the destruction that my abilities caused. I was away in my head, focussed on the TV and did not hear the sudden whooshing sound of Vision phasing through the wall.

"Wanda," he spoke calmly, with his British RP accent,

I turned to see him, standing there. He was wearing casual clothes over his scarlet Vibranium skin. I said nothing.

"It's not your fault," he added, as he stepped into the room and perched himself on the edge of my bed.

"It is my fault- listen to the news, they're being very specific..." I looked at him. Enough of the denial... I know it's my fault.

Wanda, you know I care for you... I would never lie to you or deny the truth from you.

It was in that moment that I realised we were speaking without speaking, speaking telepathically. A certain connection, I guess we have- he would probably hear that thought, but I didn't know.

I let out a sigh and stood from the bed and walked to the window. I looked out and across the city of New York. I could sense him coming up from the bed and towards me, right up until I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

Whatever happens, I'm here for you. I could hear him speak to me.

We might die.

Then we'll die together... as one unit. It was then that Vision spun me round to face him. He pressed his forehead to mine, closing his eyes slightly. "Wanda, I will stay by your side for as long as I live," he spoke calmly to me.

I couldn't be calm, I couldn't forget what had happened in Lagos and reply with the same calmness that he had. "How can you be so calm?" I said to him, stepping back a little.

As I stepped back, I felt his hands slide away from my body. I looked at him with confusion.

Author's Note: Guys- this is my first story and ScarletVision is my OTP. I want to try and do them justice. I hope you like the rest of the story that I will write.