Chapter 20

(Wanda PoV)

It felt good to tell Vision about my dream, it made me feel more confident, although I was still so terrified of what may or may not become my future. The last thing I wanted was to lose control of my abilities, let alone cause the death of my dearest friends.

I looked into Vision's eyes and he looked into mine, as we made eye contact for many moments. I gave a small smile, showing of my gratitude that he believed in me and that he would help in any way he could, though that was what I was worried about since it was his help that had caused his dream version to die. "Let's go for a walk—," I suggested, as I tugged his hands gently, to pull him up to where I was stood and from where he was kneeling. "Where would you like to go?" He asked me, in his clear British accent. He gave me a smile, returning my own.

"Just out, I want to go into Edinburgh with you," I said, simply. That was the truth, I wanted to forget about the dream and just like today and deal with the tomorrow at a later date. That was what I wanted right now. He nodded in response, holding his smile. He seemed to agree. "Then let us go," he said, as a response. I couldn't help but smile back at him before turning towards the door and reached for my jacket.

I put on my dark jacket and pulled on my grey beanie over my red hair. I handed Vision his jacket and met my lips to his, giving him a quick kiss before he put his own jacket on. We then left the house, hand in hand and started to walk up the sloped hill that was the cobbled road outside of the safe house.

As we approached the brow of the hill, we could see most of the city from the higher vantage point and in the late-afternoon light, the street lamps had started to come on and make a yellow glow mix with the orange light in the sky, the mix glowing across the city.

We continued to walk, heading down the road and towards a small creek and a lonesome tree on a small green space in the city. "Vizh— what if, if I have to destroy the stone within you, it's connected to my dream...?" I asked, this playing on my mind, seeing a connection between what I could have to do and what may happen to my own power in the future. Both would conclude with Vision's death.

"Wanda—," he started, pausing our walk and turning to me. He released my hand and placed both of his on my shoulders, turning me to face him. I was worried what he was about to say. "If what you say is correct, I will try and help you— with your abilities, I won't let your dream come true... and about the stone, it's only a last resort and yes, it will kill me but that's better than whoever is after the stone, getting it."

Of course, what he said was true. It just terrified me. I said nothing, I just looked at him.

"I know you are scared— but you don't have to be," he added, "I have already had my best days in this time with you—."

"Vizh— I agree with you but I don't want these days to be the only days," that was the truth that I lived by and why I was scared of losing him. If someone killed him, it would be just like with my brother. All over again.

I had lost so much when I lost my parents and my brother. I didn't want to lose Vision also. If there was a way to avoid it, I wanted to do anything to achieve that.

It was in that moment that I realised I had left silence between us and started to walk further towards the creek slightly, facing away from Vision and dipping my head slightly, covering my face with my hands. "Wanda—," I heard, and then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Only you have the power and I wish it wasn't like this but whatever happens, if whoever is coming, comes and comes for the stone— you have to do this..." I heard him say, calmly.

How could he be so calm, at such a stressful time? I didn't know and I couldn't be calm.

"It just scares me that this is what the man in the wheelchair meant when he said if I don't learn to control what I can do, it'll cause death and destruction to those I love—," I replied, slowly turning back to him, "—and I love you, Vizh..."

I don't want to lose you like I lost my parents and my brother...

You won't lose me— I may die but I will love on in your heart.

It was with that that he pointed to the centre of my chest, right at my heart. I looked down, blinking slowly and letting a small tear slip from my eyelid, dropping off of eyelash and sliding down my cheek, before landing on the lapel of my jacket.

I love you—
I heard him whisper to me,
Truly.

I still didn't look up but I felt him place his hands gently against my temples and bring me head gently towards him, kissing my forehead and giving me an embrace. He lifted my chin slightly, making eye contact with me. "Let's go sit down by the creek—," he suggested, cracking a small smile to me, a reassuring smile.